Aspyr Cancels Men of Valor

Discussion in 'Games' started by MacsRgr8, Feb 9, 2005.

1. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands

This is bad news. I also have a gaming PC, but I have this strange principal:
    If a gr8 game will come to the Mac quickly enough, I want to wait for the release of the game for the Mac, just purely because I love the Mac platform and want to support those few Mac gaming developers out there :)

So, I have restrained myself from buying this game for the PC, as I was waiting for it to arrive for the Mac.

My waiting was in vain... :(

IMHO this is very bad news. I wish Aspyr could give us the reason why it really was cancelled. I have seen this game running on a PC, and it doesn't seem like it would have any technical difficulties, like a Half life 2 port would get. If Aspyr can bring Doom 3 to our platform, and also they had this game "first playable in December", I can't imagine the problems to be of any technical character.

So, I will probably buy this game for my PC, and enjoy it on the dark side..... too bad, really.
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I suspect it was very messy code that needed to be visually decoded but there was no explanation available. That makes porting very difficult, esp. if there is assembly language code.

It's too bad, in any case.
  3. LimitedEdition macrumors member

Jan 14, 2005
  4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Good thing I can still play this thing on the Xbox.
  5. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

May 8, 2004
    I Live Where I Live
  6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    For the keyboard, yes. I love the keyboard with my games.
  7. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    It did get some mediocre reviews, not that I've played it, so I'm not in a position to say much. I can only say, "Oh well..."
  8. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Well, I had no intention geting it. Though it might be worth a rental.