Aspyr Leaks (from IMG FORUMS)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mobility, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobility macrumors newbie

They locked the thread, they tried to hush it up but l am here to spread the dirt lol oh well

dualg4 on img forums found this link http://www.compusmart.com/product.a...CurrentSegment=Software|Games+&+Entertainment which shows us Star Wars Battlefront and how many days till it ships and aspyr making it, and here is sims 2 http://www.compusmart.com/product.a...CurrentSegment=Software|Games+&+Entertainment and here is doom 3 http://www.compusmart.com/product.a...CurrentSegment=Software|Games+&+Entertainment and here is http://www.compusmart.com/product.a...CurrentSegment=Software|Games+&+Entertainment and here is more info

Another find by c15zyx
    "An even more interesting find...

SPK quoted the DOOM 3 link but he didn't get an exact version from the previous thread (his had 'noframes' in it). Curious to see if he had gotten this address by opening the center frame into a new tab/window I did the same for Men of Valor on the front page.

What I got was a totally different URL format...
    http://www.aspyr.com/detail.php?p_game_id=155&p_game_nav=&p_support_article_id=

Now I was curious to see if this catalogued Aspyr's games in chronological order so I typed ingame_id=154 and this is what came up...

Macintosh Version

The ruins of an ancient Martian civilization have unlocked the secrets to teleportation, and the UAC will stop at nothing to harness this world-altering technology. As part of a marine detachment sent to protect the facility, your duty seemed simple enough…until the invasion. Now, in an epic clash against pure evil you must fight to understand who is with you, who is against you, and what must be done to stop this nightmare from reaching Earth. Built on ID's revolutionary new 3D graphics engine DOOM 3 draws you into the most frightening and gripping 3d gaming experience ever created.
    etc.

Also... tried some other numbers and...

With the introduction of genetics, you can control your Sims over a lifetime and pass their Sims’ DNA down from one generation to the next. The Sims evolve by genetically passing on physical and personality traits. Create and play your own virtual sitcom by choosing one of five different aspirations – Popularity, Fortune, Family, Knowledge, and Romance. These aspirations in life cause your Sims to have wants and fears. Will you give them a long successful existence or leave their life in shambles?

The Sims 2 also opens up endless new creative possibilities. Make your own Sim films with the new movie-making feature. Create the cast, set the stage, take control of the camera and capture your own screenplay in action. Zoom in close with the new camera to see every last detail.

The first expansion pack for the critically acclaimed Command & Conquer™ Generals challenges players to square off against the world’s most elite commanders for battlefield domination. Even the most experienced C&C Generals veteran must learn new strategies and tactics to take full advantage" his comments exactly

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Locking the thread is what they should do here. I've tried all of those URL's and they don't work, so either you're lying or I'm having issues.

As for compusmart.com, who cares, it's just a store on the net. No "inside" information.

3. Mobility thread starter macrumors newbie

the links dont work no more because aspyr saw the it all blowing up on img and changed it all,

go read the forums for yourself on img stop being lazy! the proof is there..

4. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

So doom 3 will be here before x-mas :D

Attached Files:

5. Mobility thread starter macrumors newbie

anyway only got to wait till 17/12 to find out whether its true, thats when doom 3 is supposed to be out.

6. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Forums can be fabricated.... And I'm not lazy as I tried the URL's. It's called being realistic and not believing everything you hear.

Something tells me it is fishy because compusmart.com is the only place I have heard of with Doom 3 for Mac with a price tag next to it.

EDIT: Yeah, spam us with more compusmart.com URL's... They are believable. :rolleyes:

7. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

The fact is that all the URL's were from compusmart.com, and unless there are many sources showing the same behavior for heavily demanded items, they are hard to believe.

8. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

From the moderator: Posts with personal insults have caused this thread to be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.