Aspyr to offer Home World 2 for the Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by HanktheCrank, May 10, 2004.

1. HanktheCrank macrumors newbie

Apr 28, 2004
    No relase date yet. Here's the link.

I've waited a long time for this game. Almost got a wintel box to play it.
    They list specs but like all the other games that have come out my Ibook not up to the task :( Need G4/G5 800mhz
  2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It's always nice to see another game for Macintosh. I know nothing about this one but hopefully, they'll have a demo.

It makes sense for there to be fewer and fewer G3 games so that game developers can (finally) take advantage of AltiVec, which covers the whole of Apple's current computers. It's been years since the first G4 yet, there are few applications of any kind which take advantage of the technology.
  3. job macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2002
    in transit
    I thought there was already a thread on this, but it's cool.

I'm really glad to see HW2 coming, especially since HW1 was opensourced and was ported by a group on intrepid Mac/Linux coders.
  4. fistful macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2004
    I love Home World which is odd as I'm not into for the most part strategic games. It's the first game I plan on purchasing when I get my powerbook in a week or two, well that is if it's out by then.

so where can I find this Mac port of Home World 1? I'm assuming by being open source it is free to download?
  5. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    you'll still have to buy the HW1 PC version...i think the port is just an interface that tricks/hacks the game into running on other OSes...

it IS openGL, after all...