Aspyr! Where's COD v1.5??

Discussion in 'Games' started by Elektronkind, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Elektronkind macrumors member

Apparently the Windows version of this update has been out for several days now, as all of the servers I usually play are running it and refusing to let my OSX 1.4 COD version to connect.

I thought patch releases were supposed to be synchronized! This sucks! No mention of anything on the Aspyr web site, either. :mad:

/dale

2. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

3. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

It could be worse.

I've been waiting for the update to America's Army for over 2 months. With most of the servers now running 2.2, all the players with Mac and Linux are forced to search for the few servers still running 2.1.

4. rccola70 macrumors regular

Yeah seriously where is the 1.5 patch. I refresh the serverlist and the number gets lower everyday. Used to be 3000+ servers, now only less than 900. :(

I hope they release a patch soon....plz...come on..plz..

5. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

2.2.1 for Linux has been out for a couple of weeks, it's just the Mac version we're waiting on now.

AppleMatt

6. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Darn, (would rather insert explitive) I was hoping that 1.5 was simply CODUO. I too have been searching for 1.5 and have been kicked off of all of my favorite servers.

7. WhiteSavage macrumors regular

WhiteSavage

8. aethier macrumors 6502a

aethier

well at least when you have the same version of COD it actually works. i have bf1942 + road to rome, vs. 1.6.1b (latest patch) and i still cannot connect to games (and yes i bought the game and have a real sn)

aethier

9. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I emailed Asprys support people. Here is what their response was:
    Original Question
    Where is the 1.5 patch for COD Mac??? The fact that it is not being released with the PC patch severely degrages the multiplayer experience. So much so that trying to play multiplayer on the Mac is almost impossible.

Please respect us Mac users more!!!

Aspyr Media Support Response

Matt,

We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a patch that we hope to have released in the near future. Thanks for playing Call of Duty and we apologize for the inconvenience. Have a great day!

Happy Holidays!
    ------
    Aspyr Support Team

10. applekid macrumors 68020

How many CoD 1.5 threads do we need?! :mad: I know this was the original, but we've got three more threads. Lock 'em up someone, please.

11. soulja91 macrumors newbie

may i say that guy matt or what ever seems like he dont care and he said nothing about the date or how long it will take and i dont think he cares :mad:

12. applekid macrumors 68020

:rolleyes:

It's the frickin' holiday break! They'll take their time. But, I don't think that's the problem causing the delay. Let me just say you're going to have to get used to delays if you want to keep playing your games on the Mac, newbie. I don't mean to sound harsh, but patches and updates do not stick to any schedule whatsoever.

13. soulja91 macrumors newbie

first i dont give a crap if its break my dads at the work almost everyday except for wendsdays bustin his arse and these lazy people (would like to use another word) are sittin on there butts all they gatta do is but some squares and triagles together..any retard could do that and im not a noob and i have no choice if i had one i would be on a allienware or a hp right now playin BFV or something. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

for the record macs SUCK :mad: :mad:

14. applekid macrumors 68020

Irrelevant and nobody cares.

Alright, I want you to pick up coding right now. Not just programming in C++. Oh no. I want you to learn Intel Assembly, how to use various APIs and frameworks, and OpenGL. Then, I want you to get the rights to a commercially available game (such as CoD). After that, I want you to recode that whole game so it works on a Mac. Then, I want you to submit it back to the original publisher. Get their approval, partner with another publishing company, and start selling your game. Then, for your grand patch, I want you to fix up your code, submit to the original publisher, again. Then, get their blessings, and release the patch to us all. I hope you're willing to take the criticism of the gamers here at the MacRumors forums because they are a hard group to please.

I just walked you through the whole game porting process, but how could've you known, you're just a newbie.

Wow, that's so much like putting some squares and triangles together! In that case, I want to see a CoD 1.5 patch from you tomorrow. Thanks. I'll assume you're not retarded and can handle that task.

An HP... Oh boy. You just reek of newbie. What are you going to play on that HP? Counterstrike? Alienware, on the other hand, you'll get BFV up and running. ;)

And the use of redundant smilies... Very, non-newbie at all. It's just so mature. And the lack of punctuation! You are good.

I'm glad you chose the best moment to say that statement. Good way to close your argument. It's so profound and deep. You're so good at defending your point, man. Props to your successful argument.

15. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Let's see you design a game over Chritsmas vaction. Oh and while your at it make it a best-seller. Because obvisouly you can do a lot better then those clowns at Aspyr.