Assasins Creed new screens.

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Oct 13, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Some lovely new screens from Assasins Creed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

could this game get any prettier ? in a assasin murdering thief way :D

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I must say, the PS3/360 hardware is obscenely powerful.

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

They are all 360 shots, but yeah PS3 will look the same. Seriously the 2nd generation titles for the 360 (and those which are multi format on ps3 as well) really are looking a serious leap beyond the first generation 360 titles.

happy gaming for all :)

4. padré macrumors regular

assasin

man if don't have the ps3 or xbox360 before this game is out, i'm gonna buy this for my macpro, this game is so on the top of my list :eek:
    the gameplay seems verry good, (X06 demo) the ai is lovely (yes it needs some refinement, but i'm sure that it will be awesome when its done)
    and teh graphics, well i've seen better but damn, its sooooo lovely look at the distant fiew in the first pic, just lovely

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

and not available for pc??? huh...

Looks slick, just like a rubens painting!

6. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I knew ubisoft wouldn't let me down by staying ps3 exclusive - now i won;t have to consider blowing $600 for 1 game

7. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Seeing as how I've just gotten hired for a job which will be paying me obscene amounts of money (at least for a poor college student) I'll have to check this out. It's definitely on my list of games to rent/buy. :)

8. padré macrumors regular

damn...:eek:

It seems like a lot of games that where coming to all consoles (and pc) are getting exclusive in the end, i didn't know about assasin, poor us...

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A lot of people seem excited by this and I feel like I'm missing the point. What's the plot, the gameplay? what do you do?

10. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

imagine the game Theif - mixed with Splinter Cell - with a touch of Prince of Persia (not surprising as this is by Ubisoft montreal - makers of PoP & SC) . Put it in a blender, turn on - add next gen hardware and hey presto...

11. ViveLeLivre macrumors regular

ViveLeLivre

That's the impression I got too. Between Assassin's Creed, BioShock, and Mass Effect (I love BioWare), the future looks bright for 1st person RPG's.

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was never a fan of the new PoP games but I did like Thief. Any gameplay trailers out yet?

13. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Shame on you! PoP:SoT is one of the most gloriously executed 3D games ever created!

As for Assassin's Creed, it is a Stealth-Action game set in Jerusalem with the Roman Catholic Crusaders being the enemy.

That and the fact it is made by Ubisoft (imo, some of the best dev studios out there right now) has made extremely excited for this game.

The games they've made, personal preference aside, are some of the best made games ever, they just run and control better then 90% of the junk out there.

14. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

looks all blurry and washed out :confused:

the models and stuff look pretty good, not seeing anything very special tho, same goes for most games about to come out, i much prefer the look of games like HL2, all nice and sharp and vibrant.

admittedly their only screenshots, and you can't really judge a game until you've seen it moving, but still, it looks a bit naff :rolleyes:

15. kineticpast macrumors member

The video that has got everyone excited about this game (and explains the story and gameplay) is the X06 demo.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Those screenshots look great. This game is going to be in the line of hitman/POP which is a good thing. PS3/X360 really pushing some power...gezz sony/MS leave some for the next generation:)

Bless

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The next generation is probably where games start to look real. Those screens looks nice, but they're still not real.
    I like the washed out look myself, or perhaps it's just a nice diversion from all the super coloured games of late. Just started playing Quake 4 and I realised theres such a huge contrast in the graphics. It's either brown, black or luminous primary colours.

18. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

THe washed out look is obviously on purpose. Just look at movies - they use the same washed out filters. It's just style. The new robin hood series on BBC looked just like those this evening...

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I want it...

well only one thing kinda picks me about it. After watching that developers video from X06, the fighting seems kinda odd. A little too PoP for me. That game was amazing for the puzzles and platforming, but the fighting never seemed to click for me. I hope this game does :D