ASSASINS CREED - Xbox 360 better AI ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Sep 29, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

We all know the story of assasins creed.

Starting developement on 360, then being plugged by Sony for PS3 possible exclusive before recommital from developers of 360. :rolleyes:

But a recent interview with the developer has proved an interesting point.

Let the battle continue....

2. padré macrumors regular

well, that sounds like something possible but i think it is rubish, i'm not a fanboy of ps3 or Xbox360 if i had the money i would buy them both, but saying that assasins ai will be better on xbox then on ps3 i stroooooooongly doubt that, it might be possible that they get extra content in some way or another,

anyways i just saw the in game demo wich was shown live at X06 and man DAMN i need that game RIGHT NOW

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Hey I'm not saying its going to be better, im simply posting what the developer has said in a recent interview.

It looks like the 360 will have slighltly better AI, going on what he is saying, not me. Maybe the threading is easier to get to terms and take advantage of, with on the 360 cpu than the spu's on the cell processor.

remember they have had longer to get to terms with the 360 hardware.

4. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well assassins creed looks awesome from crowd AI but the guards AI is still lacking as seen at the end of the presentation where the hero surrounded by like 15 guards is fighting them 1 on 1 while the other guards look like they are dancing with each other ;)

5. harveypooka macrumors 65816

There was an interesting article that said that most of the hype and negativity regarding the PS3 has been net rumours and that the average user won't have a clue. Anyway, maybe it's good that all three consoles are different? Maybe the xBox 360 is better for certain types of games but the PS3 has the fantastic graphics? To be honest I'm lost in the maelstrom of critiques and praise regarding the lot...

6. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I suspect your right. There will be games that will be slightly better on ps3 and vice versa. But at the end of the day the differnces in multi platform games will be even less distinguishable than they were with the last gen consoles, and we are looking at pretty much the same article regardless of platform.

I'm getting all three so I dont really care, I just thought the developer saying the improved threading on the 360 is enchancing AI over the other versions was interesting as I always thought that the PS3 Cell SPU core were meant to be better for that kind of thing.

7. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I think that's it mate, they have longer and possibly want to invest more time as it's more profits now rather than later. I read an article by this dude on the Cell (it was damned complex, about 90% went over my head) but his main point was that the Cell avoids the 'core' problem and also the 'cache' problem. Apparently the more cache you have, breeds problems and 4 cores is not twice as powerful as 2. I wish I had the article link, but it's been lost to time...

8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

*sigh* one day, once both systems are out and in their full stride, all this will stop and all the hearsay will stop and the results will show for themselves...

9. padré macrumors regular

well i just red the article at ign, she (raymond) said indeed something about better ai on the xbox, anyways, i'll spare up the money to buy both the ps3 and xbox 360 not because of this post , but both consoles will have damn good games :)

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

did anyone watch the X06 demo? I was a little choked about the ending of it :( I mean I knew there was a twist about the game from some rumors but now I know its all true...Ubisoft you let me down!

11. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

You got me intrigued. Where is the video ?

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think its a bag of horse ****. AC on the 360/PS3 will be the same in every way just like how I don't believe any other multi-console released game will be different from the others except if they are porting it to the Wii.

Bless

13. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

But the developer stated it, so it must be true? :confused:

Right?

I mean, just like the Lair developers were saying they couldn't fit their uncompressed, bloated FMV on a 360 because it didn't have BluRay. Developers wouldn't get trapped in the hype machine to peddle their wares, right?

:rolleyes:

14. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Ah, but if they'd said it was the PS3 that was the technically better version... :rolleyes:

The devs said it. They know lots. You know zip. Be quiet

15. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Yeah, you're right. But you can't stop speculation. I mean, markets can be broken or made with speculation so it's interesting to look at. Look at Macs - they're clearly (to us) a superior platform, but marketing and prevalence of Windows has nearly knocked the OS out. Mind you, with IBM starting Notes for the Mac maybe the Mac is back...

16. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/834/834724/vids_1.html

there ya go slugger. Its the X06: First Demo

I warn you, the ending part (its when the guy gets a 'game over') has made me interested but kinda spoiled some of the suprise. Watch if you dare mwa hahaha :D

oh! and your picture has me all fudged up (and jimmiboys too), I was beginning to wonder where the heck MRU was...until I looked at the name not the pic *doh*

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This is where you made yourself sound like a stupid jackarse. If you would look at these topics with xbox360 or PS3 taking about "whats taking what" you would see I have the same response to all so don't try labled me.

If this was something for the PS3 your backwards arse would be right here talking **** so think before you run off your mouth.

Bless

18. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

19. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Many cross platform games have had differences, and with two platforms that are as distinctly different as PS3/360 it's even more likely things like AI will be.

But for AI that doesn't really have to mean the code is all that different, if the 360 does indeed handle multi-threading better/faster then that could equate to "better AI" just because the code is able to get more calculations in per second.

Will you or I likely notice? Doubtful. We'd probably need a developer there saying "right there, see, that guy probably wouldn't have made a step to the left on the PS3!"

It's still interesting though, as I too thought PS3 would supposedly be superior for AI, if it isn't then it's not a big deal, but still an interesting piece of trivia I would not have guessed...

20. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep that was my reason for posting it. It's just a funny bit of trivia that we all assumed was vice versa. Nothing major just a small bit surprising that's all.