Assasins Creed!

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by APPLEFAN8, Oct 23, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Who's getting this game? I'm getting it for ps3, it looks so sweet!

2. macrumors regular

michaelltd

I'm thinking of picking it up for 360. That and Mario Galaxy. Ohhh yeeaaah!

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

yup Assasins creed looks amazing I can't wait and HAZE!

4. macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I'll more than likely buy it for the Xbox 360, if I buy it at all.

5. macrumors 6502a

fistful

Just picked up an Xbox 360 Pro bundle today with a free copy of Guitar Hero II w/guitar controller in anticipation of Assassin's Creed.

Nov. 13 is the release right?

6. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'll be getting this for the PS3.....although i'm kinda skeptical about this title now...I smell GTA: medieval all over this title.

who can't figure out whats going on in this game(all the glitchy looking stuff) by now haven't been following at all.

Bless

7. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I have it ordered for my PS3 but it might get bumped since CoD4, Mass Effect, Uncharted, Mario and Disgaea are all ahead of it :p

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

What's the difference between the 360 and PS3 versions?

And will there be a PC version?

9. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The IGN dudes said they couldn't see any differences at all, so I'm guessing just achievements?

10. macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

The devs I talked to said the goal is for them to be pretty much identical.

11. macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Apparently it was a struggle getting it onto a standard DVD for the 360, though.

12. macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

IIRC dealing with the split memory of the PS3 was hard as well, but hopefully they get it all working fine.

13. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

Will wait to see the reviews and which version is better and then make my purchase decision based on that.

14. macrumors 68000

Antares

PS3 version for me

15. macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Don't count on it fella.....unless every single reviewer says whatever version is better then I'll take what they say into account.

I just got my 360 back(today) but I'll still get it for the PS3.....I'm very iffy about this new box and I dont want it playing games that can break it again(I know but I can't help but think)

Bless

16. macrumors 6502a

bluebomberman

Am I the only person who thinks that the combat looks dreadful? Enemies just kinda stand there waiting for your character to counter-pwn them one by one, even when they have you surrounded 10-to-1. Reminds me, unfortunately, of Heavenly Sword and even Dynasty Warriors...

Latest footage here. Fast forward to the assassination about 2/3 in to see the combat.

17. macrumors 68030

Piarco

With the sheer volume of games I want coming out in November, Assassins Creed has gone from a "must have" to a rental for me - gameplay concerns as stated by bluebomberman... I'll read the reviews with interest, but I'll have COD4 and AC6 on the go, with Mass Effect around the corner. Halo3 and MOH:A are still being hammered in multiplayer too, so Creed can definitely wait...

18. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

GAMES™ usually tell you what difference there are between the two versions, as do IGN.

But actually what will probably happen is I'll just pick it up for whatever I can get it the cheapest for.

As its ubisoft it will be region free so I'll probably grab a 360 asian copy for €35 (£23)

19. macrumors 68000

Antares

Okay, so I finally beat Assassin's Creed last night....and had a lot of fun doing so. The game was beautiful and the sheer scope and volume of the cities were amazing. The details! It was a graphically stunning game. Combat was fun and realistic. The story was engaging (I can't wait for the sequel to see how the story continues). That said, the missions were too repetitive. I would have like more variety there. The AI also wasn't completely logical....why would the drunks and street tards push and grope Altair and not any of the other people around? Why would the guards attack Altair if he was the one being pushed and attacked?
    Oh, and Desmond and Lucy really should have hooked up. I tried everything to see if that was possible. And it's not like there weren't any opportunities...there were lots of moments where they were left alone after Vidic (or whatever his name is - the doctor guy) left the room. But this obviously wasn't a part of the game. Though, you can tell he was attracted to her.

Anyway, this was actually a pretty good game. I can't wait for the sequel. They just need to beef up the mission variety.

20. Retired

psychofreak

I thought it was graphically good, and the movement was fantastically smooth. However, the game was waaaay too easy, and very repetitive.

21. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

I agree. I havent beat the whole thing, but I wasnt too impressed by what I played. Visually great, controlled great, but I just didnt feel like there was a lot of variety. Not to mention that at times the AI is absolutely laughable (like when you are fighting a group but only one person at a time attacks you)

22. macrumors 6502

Same here. Beat it pretty easy. Took longer than Mass Effect though...but I saved all the civilians and did all the towers. Skipped most of the Informers though...some of them were just plain frustrating :)

Good start to a series for sure. I look forward to the added quest types on the PC as that will give an idea what they're thinking for in the future.

Hope they pick a different time period for the sequel. Tired of Holy War. Maybe some other period. Restoration France would be good. Very into socially acceptable behaviors :D

Paul

23. macrumors 68000

Antares

Yes, my gripes are with the logic of the AI. But I've had multiple people attacking me at the same time. Three at once, even....A templar next to me started slashing me just as I was about to dodge an attack from a templar in front of me. This only happened on several instances.

Same here. I missed a few informers but got most of them. Got all the towers and saved all the citizens. But there's no way I'm going to try and find all of the flags...

I'm thinking that the sequel will take place in Feudal Japan. You get hints with the writing at the end. Bit that's just a guess and I may be reading too much into it.

24. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

It was a very good albeit flawed game. I still have masses to do in it though, but I will get there...... eventually :)

25. macrumors regular

It was pretty good, graphics were awesome, but it really didn't live up to its potential.

From the previews, I was really looking forward to the whole investigating aspect of the game, hunting for information and stuff. Climbing towers to scout out guard locations, coming up with a strategy to infiltrate places, you know...using your brain? But that turned out to be a completely meaningless "beat up three guys to get a big X on the map" mechanic. None of the "information" gathered from the laughable dialogues of the investigations had any sort of consequence. In the end, I even stopped listening, knowing I would just get a big fat X on the map anyways, and all I can do is walk to it and then beat up more guys with swords.

Lots of wasted potential there...