Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Antares

macrumors 68000
From the previews, I was really looking forward to the whole investigating aspect of the game, hunting for information and stuff. Climbing towers to scout out guard locations, coming up with a strategy to infiltrate places, you know...using your brain? But that turned out to be a completely meaningless "beat up three guys to get a big X on the map" mechanic. None of the "information" gathered from the laughable dialogues of the investigations had any sort of consequence. In the end, I even stopped listening, knowing I would just get a big fat X on the map anyways, and all I can do is walk to it and then beat up more guys with swords.

Lots of wasted potential there...

I completely agree. That made it too easy. I initially thought that I would be getting clues and have to find my assassination targets based on the information that I obtained...."he is reportedly hiding out in a warehouse near a church" ....I would then have to find the church with a warehouse near it. ...Instead, the game gives you an X on the map, showing you where to go. Though, I suppose you DO have the option to turn off the map points and only go off the clues.

Another cool thing would have been to have a real-time night/day element to the game (like in Majora's Mask) where you'd get information that a target would be somewhere at a certain point in the day....and you would have to be there at that time to complete your objective. Or things like, during the day, the streets are more crowded and you have a lot of opportunities to get lost in the crowd, shops and buildings are open and less guarded. At night, the streets are mostly empty and you can sneak and hide in shadows but there are no vigilantes to help you flee from guards, buildings and locations are more heavily guarded. During the day, you can be spotted by guards from further away. At night, they don't see you unless you are closer, etc... There is a lot of potential that was missed and could (hopefully) be covered in future Creed games.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Feudal Japan would be fantastic. Would make for some interesting family bloodlines though :)

There needed to be more planning to the game. Rewards for using civilians you've saved and stuff.

Also you SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICKPOCKET MONEY AND PAY THOSE DAMN B@@@@@S OFF. This game teaches you to hate beggars :) I'll feel dumb if there was this option, but that would really make so much sense. You can get along in your pickpocket quest if you've paid these chicks off and they leave you alone...

I hope they scour forums and do focus groups for the second...because it could be a Game of Year if they do half this stuff.

Paul

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Basically it was a great premise but just wasn't refined enough in practicality. But as a new IP we can only hope a sequel improves on the good stuff and doesn't fall into the mistakes often made by great new IP's and have utterly average or crap sequels.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I just bought this game last night for the PlayStation 3 for $20. From what I've played so far, it's really awesome. I'm glad this game isn't really hard (at least so far) because I'm not really that good.

The one main thing bugging me so far is that you can't skip through the cut-scenes. I like them and all, but I can see this being really annoying if you're playing it the second time through.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ Yeah I restarted a while ago and it irked me that you couldn't skip through them, even the tutorials have to be replayed and they are as boring as hell. :eek:

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
^ Yeah I restarted a while ago and it irked me that you couldn't skip through them, even the tutorials have to be replayed and they are as boring as hell. :eek:

Do you know if you can skip the cut scenes in Assassin's Creed 2?

I noticed that there are a lot of improvements with Assassin's Creed 2. The main one (for me) being that you don't die when you go in water. I think it's weird that a great assassin dies when he goes into water.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Everyone has a weakness, no matter how powerful or skilled. Superman's is kryptonite. Achilles's was his heel. Samson's was his hair. Altair's was water.....

:D

Always annoys me when you have characters who can take dozens of bullets, climb tall buildings, but then can't walk up a slight slope! Or take Sean Devlin (protagonist of The Saboteur) who can climb the Eiffel Tower, survive Zeppelin crashes, but is out-foxed by a clothes-line. Can't brush through it, duck under it, or climb over it.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Altair's was water.....

I wonder if he was related ?

wickedwitchmelting.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.