Assassin's Creed Loses PS3 Exclusivity

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Aug 31, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/729/729420p1.html

I'm sorry Guys but I had to get ya'll in here....so I think this will do it:)

Seriously this thread is not about this game but in exclusive titles in general being non-exclusive and what impact on the industry..good/bad...also what game would you like to see on the Wii,X360,PS3,DS,PSP.

Heck lets take it a step further and talk about those games you wanted for your system but was not available at that time eg...bionic commando:mad:

The title of this topic should not be a shock to anyone following the next gen war...so lets keep out the "PS3 lost all its blah"

Bless

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

3. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

Damn, that Jade Raymond has gota be the hottest video game producer ever

*wakes* Oh!! Sorry, umm... yeah, on topic, I'm not suprised. Though I doubt it'll ever come to Wii : [

Peace

4. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I'm guessing you did not read the thread did you....

Back on track:
    Why wouldn't it come to the Wii...it could work.

Bless

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea wasn't this game under another name, then it changed name and said "we're coming to the PS3!" leaving the other ports in a confused state... thankfully now it sounds like its all been rectified.

Doesn't look like my sort of game though so I'll avoid it come whatever system it's on.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL!! first it was an xbox exclusive, then a change of name and next gen exclusive for ps3 - even though the demo booths at e3 were being shown with an xbox360 inside.... :rolleyes:

exclusivity by anyone other than firstparty means absolutely jack **** these days...... which is actually a good thing :)

edit: damn you jimmi you got there before me as I typed :)

7. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Not enough grunt to run the AI/physics, maybe? There are quite a few games saying PS3/360 and not Wii

8. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That sucks because with a game like this I can imagine what they can do with the wiimote....oh well.

I never thought this game was only going to be on the PS3.....saw too much indication of multiplatform...AC is a game I would be buying not matter what system it ships on.

Bless

9. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

I want Katamari Damacy for the Wii. Also I really enjoyed Zone of Enders and I'd like to try my hand at the Metal Gear series.

Maybe once Nintendo gains the marketshare of the console market like it does the handheld market, I'll get to see some of these titles.

Seems like they could release another DDR to the Wii that would use the wii-mote+nunchuck and the dance pad to have really crazy moves!

10. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

really? im not a huge fan of multiplatform games. I mean the staples like Madden and all that stuff is fair enough, but if they make a game for PS3/360, then all the extra stuff that a PS3 could do (with the motion crap/BR space/HDD space for sure/etc) or visa versa (with XBL n such) always seems to feel kinda tacked on at the end, like an after thought.

Plus its killer to raz to all my friends how I have _______ when they don't cuz they only have a _______ and not a ________.

but maybe i like it because I always buy all the systems so it doesnt matter what system it comes out for....:eek:

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah I buy them all too, but others arent in that position.

I agree they should try and make the most of each consoles hardware, but if losing say a bloom filter and a few polygons is a choice of whether you play the game / or not have access to it at all = i think most would choose to have the game even if it isnt taking full advantage of the hardwares specifics.

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

IGN full 360 confirmation :rolleyes: as if it was a surprise

So not even a timed exclusive either !!!

13. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Gamespot too confirms it.

For one, I'm glad, as it's one of the games on the PS3 that I thought was really cool-looking. Now all those idiot PS3 fanboys (not referring to the PS3 fanboys here as they're pretty intelligent) on other sites that I see claiming AC as an exclusive have shut up.

14. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

I don't see how it's going to be possible to release a great amount of cross-platform games between the 360/PS3 camp and the Wii. The control schemes are so wildly different, how would you integrate them unless you made basically two different games from the start?

15. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

Agreed. I'll definately be keeping an eye on this one.

16. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I'm glad also because I want to play this game but can't get a PS3 til the price goes down.

17. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Wii despite inovations is woefully underpowered, course this means that it's considerably cheaper than the others. Still for raw power the wii is just bad and with the price i think it should be more significant.

what i mean

xbox360 aprox 10xXbox
    ps3 aprox 10xPS2
    Wii aprox 2xCube

(i dont really have any proof for this besides the anonymous hearsay so feel free to dispute this)

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

wrong.
    Xbox= £100 360= £200-270
    PS2= £100 PS3= £450
    Gamecube= £60 Wii= £150

The worst is Xbox 1 to Xbox 360 Core. The Premium looks the same as the GC/Wii.

edit: I just realised I don't think you meant price. but for power? Wii is supposed to be 3 times as powerful as before (original 2x, but I think both have been disclaimed by Nintendo).

19. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL! ye lemon :rolleyes: :D :D

20. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I don't think power would be a problem....if they wanted to put that game on the wii they could do a little stripping(game wise:) ) and get it to Wii specs but developers might be too lazy to do it.

Bless

21. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

So how much power is enough? I mean, obviously the correct answer is always gonna be "more" regardless of system or spec, but if the Wii has the power it needs to do the job and put the graphics on the screen. Do we really need to see Mario's nose hairs in HD?

22. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

yes

and Princess Peach needs a DOAX2 makeover... high def rocks :p

23. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't want to dive into another HD topic... but I will.

HD in games? I'd rather they worked on getting things to look realistic in 480p before jumping up a resolution or 2. I don't want a DOAX Volley ball (whatever) Peach or *urgh* Wario in drag (no really... why did I think of that?). I want my Mario Mario. I don't want to see any detail on him other than his general shape. What has this stupid level of detail got on making the game better? Would Mario Sunshine have kicked Mario 64's arse if you could clearly see a builders bum on the fella?

I just think I'm a little bummed about Rumble Roses on the 360 being classed as a game.

24. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

lol dude you need to relax! I laugh my ass off when I see DOAX2 and all that, i mean its so stupid that its awesome (like Snakes on a Plane). And you're right, Mario doesnt need to be in HD (although it would be nice for the clarity that HD gives you) but HD games like PGR 3 look soooo nice on a big TV in 720p, it may not be perfect but its only a first gen game so think of how good they will look in a few years?! :D

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I was just rolling along with the silly post trend :p