Assembly Language (MIPS using PC-SPIM)

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by LtRammstein, Jan 11, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I was wondering if there's a compiler/program that allows me to run Assembly Language MIPS on OS X. I tried looking at Xcode, but nothing there, as of right now, I have to boot into XP to run PC-SPIM to do my work for my Computer Organization class. I have found an application that does Assembly Language, but I need something like PC-SPIM so I can see all 32 storage areas, the lines of codes, HI and LO... The list goes on.

Anything is welcome!

Thanks

Steve

2. macrumors G4

Are you asking for a MacOS X cross-compiler for the MIPS processor assembly language?

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Yeah, I'd recommend using XSpim through X11. It was especially nice for me because my professor used a Mac, haha :) I think that's also easier to setup rather than Spim.

5. macrumors newbie

I used xspim for some mips assembly coursework on my degree, the gui is rather painful.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

LtRammstein

I was going to do the xspim, but I rather not use X11 because it's not that friendly. What I am doing now is trying out the new Crossover Mac Edition and installing PC-SPIM that way to see if it works.

If that doesn't work, I'll compile it... GOT I HATE PROGRAMMING ON A PC!

Steve

7. macrumors 6502

Shanesan

This is an ancient thread, but it needs to be ressurected as a new school year is around and I need to get XSPIM to work.

...Of course, I can't figure it out. It looks like it uses XDarwin and I can't find a page to get it from that isn't pay. I assume its open source and under a Creative Commons license, is it not?

Ugh. This is complicated and aggrivating. I guess there may be some things PCs can do better?

8. macrumors 68000

savar

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/x11formacosx.html