assignment help

Discussion in 'Community' started by oreo, Sep 26, 2004.

1. oreo macrumors member

I've got to write part of an assignment for college on data security. They have already stated that we should be including information on legistation, but also on viruses systems crashing, getting hacked, etc. So I wanted to included something on macs but need to find a good site that I can reference, about the incidence of viruses on PC to Macs.

Thanks for any help

2. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Do a forum search, dozens of threads have been posted like this. Just click on the Forums tab, then choose the Search drop down thingamajig.

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

sounds like you're going to make good friends with Google. :) that's probably the best way to find out the info you'll be needing.

just to help you out with the 'hacker' side of things... i just came accross this neat guide called "Steganos' Hacker Tools". it seems to be just a guide to the tools that hackers use, in HTML format. might be useful for you... but beware - i'd heard that a virus checker will go nuts on this file, so i hope you'll be DL'ing this on your Mac. i've got it on my Mac, and everything seems safe so far. get it here: http://66.194.238.239/TDz/wh/books/Steganos_Hacker_Tools.rar

you could also looks up some articles that other have written about data security. would probably be very helpful, but i'm not encouraging plagarism.