Assistance needed with Treo

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Jovian9, May 22, 2005.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I got a Treo 600 (verizon) this past week. So far I love it, just getting used to it.....more of a learning curve than my flip LG phone.
    I put an SD card into it and I'd like to be able to take info from my Mac and put it onto the card and vice versa. But I see no way of doing this when I have the Treo linked to the Mac. Am I missing something? Do I need an SD Card adapter? I'd rather not buy an adapter so I'm looking for an alternative to that.
    Also, I believe this phone can play MP3's. Now I do not want to listen to music from the phone (I have iPods for that), but I'd like to be able to take MP3's and put them onto the Treo and set those MP3's to play when my phone rings (real songs for ringtones). Is this possible? I know I can record via the Treo's built in mic and use that as a ringtone, but that does not sound very good. Has anyone done this?

Any tips or experience with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I'd also like to be able to put pics on this phone too. Any suggestions?

3. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

Sorry, i dont have one so I really can't be much of help, but I can tell you that you could probably get a flash card ready from bestbuy, circuit city, compusa, etc for about $8. It's like an external floppy, you just plug it into the USB, and insert the card into the reader. Good luck