Aston Martin DB9 grows two more doors

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGav, Jan 5, 2006.

1. iGav macrumors G3

Looks like they've stretched the picture in Photoshop to me. heheh :p

Elegant looking thing though... ;)

Rinky dink link

Thoughts? anyone in the market for one? :eek:

2. fanbrain macrumors 6502

fanbrain

That is probably the best looking sedan I have ever seen. I love AM's. I want one of these (and a V8 Vantage for weekends).

3. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

You don't want much do ya! :eek: :p

It's interesting that Aston Martin haven't considered bringing back the Lagonda marque for this car.

Also, is it just me... or does 450-480bhp sound like it doesn't really cut it anymore? I know it's still a fair old whack of ponies, but we're in an era where you can buy a 500+bhp saloon car for £60k and similar GT's as the AM, for similar money in the mid 500's and some in the 600's and Aston Martin aren't exactly renowned achieving Lotus aping kerb weights. :eek:

Still, looks far more elegant than the images I've been seeing of the Porsche Panamera.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I LOVE that ****ing car. It's my dream vehicle.. Unfortunately, 99.9999999% likely to always remain a dream. :(

5. electronboy macrumors 6502

much more beautiful than Mercedes CLS! That's for sure.

6. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Oh I am actually. I'm looking on Craig's List right now for one around $15,000. :p

7. Toreador93 macrumors regular

I've never called a Mercedes beautiful, nor a BMW, and I don't think I ever will. They're great cars (I love European cars), but they lack a certain charisma you only get with English and Italian cars. Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Maserati have the best looking cars, IMO. If their designers can make cars that beautiful, just think if they could build women...
    *drools*

8. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Nice, very nice. Saw this in Autocar. Mmm. :) New Aston.. :)

9. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

I saw the DB9 at the Airport sometime last year. There was a competition for a Porsche Boxster or something and they just happened to have the DB9 and Harley Davidsons there to show you ... "Yeah, you might win a nice car but look at THESE!"

The DB9 is ... UNBELIEVABLE. If I had one, I swear it wouldn't leave the garage.

Loverly. :cool:

10. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Meh. The front end needs to be chopped back. I honestly think Maxima's are a hell of a lot nicer looking than this thing. I really wonder if you get what you pay for with these things? I mean, it should get 40-50 miles a gallon, NEVER break down, and have enough Horses to make you fly when you kick open the doors.

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

EVERYTHING is more beautiful than a CLS.

12. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Wow, that looks great. A lot of times I'm disappointed with the look of four door sedans compared with their coupe counterparts; they usually take the sporty aggressive look out of it. But this is very much not the case. Would probably be a great competitor to the Mazerati Quattroporte.

EDIT:

Ha, agreed.

13. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I think the Quattroporte looks the part better, even though the DB9 is undoubtably a better drive.

480hp sounds good to me. Sure, the M5 has more horsepower, but it has zero soul. Same goes for anything badged "AMG". Although Merc engines are showing up in just about everything nowadays.

But who would buy a DB9 sedan/saloon? What person, having the option of getting the 2+2, would take the 4-door?

Making a 4-door out of the DB9 just sounds weird, like the Sultan of Dubai's Ferrari 456 shooting brakes.

14. jeffy.dee-lux macrumors 6502a

15. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Luxury. Paddle Shifting. Mmmmm...

16. haiggy macrumors 65816

17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd seriously think about selling some Macs to get into that. Aston Martin is probably my second favourite car maker. :)

18. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

OK, I'll bite.. what's your 1st?

19. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Songhuajiang Zhongyi probably. :)

Or maybe Lamborghini...

20. mpw Guest

T'was my first thought too when I got Autocar at lunchtime. I'm not sure which I like best yet.
    Unfortunately I'm not in the market for either yet but my cousin has had his Maserati for a couple of years (3200Conv.)and will be in the market soon probably for sedan. I can see this going on his possible list alongside a Quattroporte and Jaguar XJ. Lucky bastard.

21. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Beautiful !! That car looks stunning for a 4 door sedan. I always loved the style and aesthetics of most Aston Martin. There is only one problem with these exotics and that is the hefty price-tag on those things.

...oh well if you have to ask....you can't afford it anyways..:(

22. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I would LOVE to get that car (or a car like that in anycase). Use that for the travel car and have the V8 Vantage as the beach car/work...:rolleyes:

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

that car is a dream. makes ya want to empty your pockets...too bad mines already dry:(

Bless

24. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

I really like it.....but not in the market for one (a little too pricey for me hehehe)