Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Nah. Just his gas.

Actually, hot air was what came to my mind…….not gas howsoever produced.

You better take this seriously. You don't want him to step up to his A-game.

Ah, yes, the 'A-game', that should have us all atremble. Anyway, what is it with these daft sporting metaphors in a scientific - or pseudo scientific - or science fiction - setting?

Reactions: Beachguy

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A lot of folks look at Science as a competitive Sport.:rolleyes:

As classic compensation theory (those nerdy scientists fearing the putative loss of their 'man-card' if they don't behave in an appropriately and competitively macho manner?) or, a fundamental misunderstanding and misapplication of what they think is Darwinian theory as applied to competition for scarce resources (time, tuning, postdoc fellowships…)?

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
As classic compensation theory (those nerdy scientists fearing the putative loss of their 'man-card' if they don't behave in an appropriately and competitively macho manner?) or, a fundamental misunderstanding and misapplication of what they think is Darwinian theory as applied to competition for scarce resources (time, tuning, postdoc fellowships…)?

A mixture, plus we have people who don't fall into the traditional 'nerd' types. And we (at least in the U.S.) have a funding structure that actively pits scientists against each other to get public funding (or kicks them towards private funding which employs similar strategies). So we've (rather, policy makers have) also encouraged this way of thinking and behaving.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A mixture, plus we have people who don't fall into the traditional 'nerd' types. And we (at least in the U.S.) have a funding structure that actively pits scientists against each other to get public funding (or kicks them towards private funding which employs similar strategies). So we've (rather, policy makers have) also encouraged this way of thinking and behaving.

Oh, dear. Ugh. What a horrible sounding environment.

Sometimes you need a safe and secure environment, - and both adequate funding and plenty of time - to be able to come up with stuff, such as ideas, experiments, research, thoughts, mental links, and so on that might prove to have some benefit.

Very often, when researching, you cannot really say why what you are coming up with has relevance. In fact, oftentimes, what it tends to have real relevance for is rather different to what it was designed for (and I'm sure we can all think of apposite examples……)

And yes, I know not all scientists come with dark square rimmed nerdy glasses - just, perhaps, a slight case of confirmation bias, on my part.

localoid

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2007
America's Third World
Speaking of "science"...

Science recently proved That conspiracy theorists will literally believe anything.

Rebecca Watson* provides a short (3:31) explanation of the study and some of its findings entitled in the YouTube video below entitled "No **** Study: Scientists Show Conspiracy Theorists Will Believe Anything."

* Watson is the founder of the Skepchick blog and former co-host of The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe podcast.

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/artifacts/artifacts.shtml[/QUOTE]

Many Thanks for the Link MacTech68 ..... probably explain quite a few of the artifacts seen in the videos. Will check out in more detail shortly. [weekend with friends+family]

Just noticed video links have lost all the Start Times I set Copy/Pasting URL to commence at the point relevant to the comments made in the post. Not sure why they have defaulted to play from the very beginning - Does MacRumors let you play a select bit of a Youtube clip?

As for the other comments .....
Looks like some of the 'spoilers' are back …… still nothing to contribute to the discussion ......

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
I'm disappointed I made it so late to this thread. :rolleyes:

Good to hear scientists at the cutting edge can operate and debate without too much interference from managerial and political interests.
I wouldn't really say this is true at all. Science is full of politics and debates about theory and money. To do research you need money and usually a lot of it. Everyone is fighting over it. A lot of scientists believe their idea is the truth before it is proven, and not everybody will agree with them.

If you watch this video, will it convince you that there are a race of reptilian shape shifters?

Conspiracy theories are a just another way of explaining the unknown or inexplicable. Everyone believes in conspiracies to some degree, but your vocal conspiracy theorists out there have a lot of common traits- low self esteem (likely do to), feeling rejected/alienated from society, feelings of helplessness/lack of control in life, and general mistrust of others. They usually have problem with authority and individualists- and resent anyone trying to take their perceived power or freedom. Another common trait- grandiose self perceptions (another technique of the psyche of a helpless, rejected person to feel like they have value- aka 'one who has a superiority complex with an inferiority complex'). It also makes sense that someone feeling powerless would try to decipher reasons as to why things happen. Conspiracy theorists are also have ignorant personalities, constantly picking what information to use and rejecting what conflicts with their ideas as lies. People under who lack a sense of control are documented to better see patterns and our brain biochemically rewards itself through finding patterns (after all, humans love organization). And thus the pattern continues.

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Er .... Late to the thread A. Goldberg ..... Then you should have a clear overview ....

A few of us are trying to have a serious discussion about a clip posted on Youtube from footage taken from Nasa satellites recorded from Helioviewer.org trying to get feedback from Astronomers or anyone who has a theory explaining what is going on in the clip. To ascertain if the slightly weird video shows something exhibiting "intelligent control".

Nobody has objected to Foleor's reasoned, qualified and logical explanation for what may be going on in the clip .... sounds logical to me too.

The other part of the OP clip discussing the 'light' going on and off being related to cosmic rays and particles hitting the detector is also under discussion relating to other clips showing data from Helioviewer. The 'titles' of these videos are not under my control, but the data recorded is still interesting.

The strange shapes and tracking of these 'artifacts' suggests something other than 'natural' space objects and phenomena ..... something MacTech68 has addressed with his link as to what might be creating these 'anomalies'.

The 3/4 people who have made serious comments regarding the thread have made it worthwhile. And have had positive responses.

Although I appreciate and agree with your first paragraph regarding funding (yes, my quote was supposed to be taken slightly tongue in cheek with a hint of irony)

......... as for your second half references ...... what the **** has all that got to do with this discussion? ..... haven't you been picking up on the 'hints' (repeated) to try and stick to the 'subject on the card'? Derailment etc?

Moderators, please step in and cart these people away ...... before MacRumors 'comments' section turns into the Youtube 'comments' section!

P.S. Try reading my responses to positive threads before 'inferring' I might be 'suffering' from XYZ.

Conspiracy theorists are also have ignorant personalities, constantly picking what information to use and rejecting what conflicts with their ideas as lies.

And please ..... when picking up on the ignorance of others ..... please put it in a grammatically correct sentence.:p

Another candidate for one of my T-Shirts?? ...... :D

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Again, your tone, as much as your content, does little to invite any sort of serious response, or encourage people to want to do so.

Re the use of the word 'ignorant', in British English usage it comes with two distinct meanings, which tend, sometimes, to be conflated when the expression is used to describe the actions, or character, of an individual.

Thus, it tends to mean a striking lack of knowledge about something (think of Lady Bracknell's observation: "Ignorance is like a delicate exotic flower; touch it, and the bloom is gone"), and a boorish, rude, ill-mannered demeanour when interacting with others.

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
Er .... Late to the thread A. Goldberg ..... Then you should have a clear overview ....

A few of us are trying to have a serious discussion about a clip posted on Youtube from footage taken from Nasa satellites recorded from Helioviewer.org trying to get feedback from Astronomers or anyone who has a theory explaining what is going on in the clip. To ascertain if the slightly weird video shows something exhibiting "intelligent control".

Nobody has objected to Foleor's reasoned, qualified and logical explanation for what may be going on in the clip .... sounds logical to me too.

The other part of the OP clip discussing the 'light' going on and off being related to cosmic rays and particles hitting the detector is also under discussion relating to other clips showing data from Helioviewer. The 'titles' of these videos are not under my control, but the data recorded is still interesting.

The strange shapes and tracking of these 'artifacts' suggests something other than 'natural' space objects and phenomena ..... something MacTech68 has addressed with his link as to what might be creating these 'anomalies'.

The 3/4 people who have made serious comments regarding the thread have made it worthwhile. And have had positive responses.

Although I appreciate and agree with your first paragraph regarding funding (yes, my quote was supposed to be taken slightly tongue in cheek with a hint of irony)

......... as for your second half references ...... what the **** has all that got to do with this discussion? ..... haven't you been picking up on the 'hints' (repeated) to try and stick to the 'subject on the card'? Derailment etc?

Moderators, please step in and cart these people away ...... before MacRumors 'comments' section turns into the Youtube 'comments' section!

P.S. Try reading my responses to positive threads before 'inferring' I might be 'suffering' from XYZ.

And please ..... when picking up on the ignorance of others ..... please put it in a grammatically correct sentence.:p

Another candidate for one of my T-Shirts?? ...... :D

I see you took the bait. And why would expect otherwise. Just getting a sense of your personality. And don't worry, I've seen your other posts. And don't worry, I read the thread and even watched maybe 2 min of the video.

I'm not sure much of this would constitute an intelligent discussion other than the knowledge pointed out by a couple people familiar with this area of science. Looking at something and jumping to conclusions as outlandish as aliens and conspiracies sounds a bit absurd and far from scientific.

The video I posted is quite relevant. You can see a conspiracy theorist taking artifacts in video caused by compression and claiming there is a race of superior lizard people ruling the world. Your video has small spec of light, assumed by your to be a flying saucer while according to our resident astronomers to be artifacts from the imaging technique used. See the parallel? It's quite literal.

The information on the personality traits is only a connection of your whimsical thoughts and your utterly rude tone you speak to fellow members with. I assure you people tolerate that far less then off track comments.

Lastly and speaking of derailments, welcome to the internet where people can say what they want and make all the grammatical errors they want. I appreciate your concern over my language but recognize I'm speaking in vernacular. I speak 2 languages natively, I suppose I can't get it everything right and all the time. ;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I see you took the bait. And why would expect otherwise. Just getting a sense of your personality. And don't worry, I've seen your other posts. And don't worry, I read the thread and even watched maybe 2 min of the video.

I'm not sure much of this would constitute an intelligent discussion other than the knowledge pointed out by a couple people familiar with this area of science. Looking at something and jumping to conclusions as outlandish as aliens and conspiracies sounds a bit absurd and far from scientific.

The video I posted is quite relevant. You can see a conspiracy theorist taking artifacts in video caused by compression and claiming there is a race of superior lizard people ruling the world. Your video has small spec of light, assumed by your to be a flying saucer while according to our resident astronomers to be artifacts from the imaging technique used. See the parallel? It's quite literal.

The information on the personality traits is only a connection of your whimsical thoughts and your utterly rude tone you speak to fellow members with. I assure you people tolerate that far less then off track comments.

Lastly and speaking of derailments, welcome to the internet where people can say what they want and make all the grammatical errors they want. I appreciate your concern over my language but recognize I'm speaking in vernacular. I speak 2 languages natively, I suppose I can't get it everything right and all the time. ;)

Bravo. Great post and beautifully written.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Clearly the agenda for scientists and NASA SETI project leaders is to direct public attention well away from the 'home' extra terrestrial agenda and get the gullible public to swallow the myth that the only other intelligent life in the Universe is stuck way out in space and hasn't evolved much above the microbial level.

Guess it might make these sickeningly smug scientists feel pre-eminent in their fields and set them up for yet another 'expensive grant handout' from Joe Public.

Personally, I'm more interested in that money being spent on UFO researchers dedicated to tackling and informing Joe Public of the extraterrestrial problem in our own backyard.

Dubdrifter

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 30, 2015
Come on, guys ….. you have given up commenting on the science ….. 3 good responses to my enquiries which satisfied me ….. 10,000+ views and only 330+ views of Dubdroid's video ….. clearly shows you are all mainly here for the 'spectacle' of someone 'crashing and burning' ….. Round 4. Game on.

Dear A.Goldberg ….. Normally, I wouldn't bother responding to a post littered with so many grammatical error that makes me "roll my eyes" ….. especially when the poster slightly, hypocritically, bemoans my 'so called' inability to have an 'intelligent discussion'. [We all have our crosses to bear …. eh?!]

Seeing as many of the 'spoilers' on here "Like" this post .... and ScepticalScribe commented:"Bravo, great post and beautifully written"
[Neutrals can clearly glimpse what I am having to deal with here!]

Lets analyse it in a little detail:[Apologies in advance for the slight sarcasm - is it sporting to shoot fish in a barrel?]

"I see you took the bait. And why would expect otherwise. Just getting a sense of your personality. And don't worry, I've seen your other posts. And don't worry, I read the thread and even watched maybe 2 min of the video".

Mmmm..... "took the bait"? Don't want to burst your bubble, but my personality was revealed well before you showed up late around Post 62. ...... And was only redefined by 'spoilers' posting stupid comments about 'aliens' and the Dagoba people ….. then you roll up with 'lizard people' ….. highly original.

Are you detecting a pattern here? 'Intelligent response' - politeness. 'Stupid response' - "boorishness" and a plea to return to the subject of the thread? I've explained this before. (Sigh!)

Glad to see you've done your 'research' (watching 2 minutes of an 8 minute clip suggests you may be missing 3/4 of the picture here - and you think that is the basis for 'informed comment'? ..... your credibility rating has just hit rock bottom) .....

"I'm not sure much of this would constitute an intelligent discussion other than the knowledge pointed out by a couple people familiar with this area of science. Looking at something and jumping to conclusions as outlandish as aliens and conspiracies sounds a bit absurd and far from scientific".

You claim to have 'seen my other posts'?
There is 'seeing' and 'reading in detail and understanding' ..... which from your comments above, clearly isn't the case.
The 'alien/conspiracy theory' distraction came from 'spoilers' and was clearly intoned as more suitable for discussion elsewhere …… why didn't you take that 'hint' onboard and steer the thread away from the 'absurd' and back to the 'scientific'?

"The video I posted is quite relevant. You can see a conspiracy theorist taking artifacts in video caused by compression and claiming there is a race of superior lizard people ruling the world".

Pretty ironic ..... you want a thread to constitute 'an intelligent discussion' ......then post on a thread trying to discuss a genuine Helioviewer observation ...... a video clip about 'lizard people ruling the world' ..... and now you are trying to 'convince yourself' [but nobody else except fellow 'spoilers'] that this is 'relevant'?? - to this thread?

Guess what, Mr Goldberg …… I watched 0 minutes of your video ….. why? Read my lips ….. Nothing-to-do-with-the-subject-of-the-thread-the-OP-is-clearly-wanting-people-to-focus-on-here.
It's not as though you hadn't been warned ….. turning up late ….. and obviously having "read my posts" [Yes, right …. sure you did ….. that's why you are making all these elementary errors and assumptions].

If a video link is in context to the discussion, I will watch it in it's entirety [that means "all the way through" if your vernacular is getting in the way again] ……. Why? …. because it might contain some fragment relevant to the subject being discussed. Try it some time ….. you might actually 'learn' something ….. even about this thread.

"Your video [be accurate …. link to Dubdroid's post on Youtube] has small spec of light, assumed by your to be a flying saucer" [The poster called it a UFO - an Unidentified Flying Object which is not a flying saucer ….. [come on Goldberg ….. accuracy, accuracy ….. stop twisting every little word on this thread! Kindergarten error] ..… and I made no such assumption in the OP - just initially asked for theories on what might explain what was happening] "while according to our resident astronomers to be artifacts from the imaging technique used. See the parallel? It's quite literal.
The information on the personality traits is only a connection of your whimsical thoughts and your utterly rude tone you speak to fellow members with. I assure you people tolerate that far less then off track comments".

Have you really studied my posts? - if you had you would be aware this has already been discussed and acknowledged ..... do keep up and stop skimming through the data.

"Lastly and speaking of derailments, welcome to the internet where people can say what they want and make all the grammatical errors they want. I appreciate your concern over my language but recognize I'm speaking in vernacular. I speak 2 languages natively, I suppose I can't get it everything right and all the time". [/QUOTE]

'Intelligent discussion'? I rest my case. Pick up one of my T-Shirts on your way out.

P.S. Seeing as you 'spoilers' seem to love Conspiracy Theory and seem to be 'obsessed' with ridiculing threads that might discuss the idea of 'other intelligence' above microbial level that might be inhabiting our Universe ….. is it a 'coincidence' that with profile names like A. Goldberg, Aaronvan and ScepticalScribe, ….. you might be, er …. dare I say it ….. all Jewish? Or have a religious agenda?

I know this is a long shot ….. but are any of you guys in anyway connected/related to the Mossad group that was arrested 'dancing with joy' when the twin towers collapsed on 9/11? Or the guy who owned the twin towers and might have 'prepped the building' to fall at free fall speed? Or one of the Mossad agents arrested with a van of explosives trying to drive into Manhattan on the day? Or related to the largely predominant Jewish controlled media that 'convinced us it wasn't an 'inside job' - but together with the 'Fundamentalist Christian' Republicans persuaded the West to go into the Middle East and sort out the enemies of Israel at our own expense …. whilst selling us the arms to do so? Which has lead to the current migration problem in Europe?

It is very unlikely you have any links to any of these people ….. cheap shot, I know (not a racist comment I assure you)….. but there are groups of people who do 'patrol' these forum sites who work for certain 'agencies' (Government + Religious) whose Full-Time job is to stamp on any 'thoughts of a far superior alien intelligence being out there' ….. something that might upset the 'agenda' of Fundamentalist Religious Groups and Government who don't want their 2,000 year old 'control' of the World being 'undermined' by such 'claptrap' - "how stupid to think such a thing was possible …… back in your box, Dubdrifter ….. you are being utterly ridiculous" ….. Ho Hum ….. another time, another post?
P.P.S. Let's not over analyse this but ….. It was interesting that Aaronvan's Avatar changed from a 'Satanic' picture symbol to a 'G-Spot' during this discussion.[Maybe the S+M reference on the back of the T-Shirt should tie in nicely!] Was he trying to 'throw us off the scent' he might be pursuing an 'agenda'?

With scientists currently wrestling with the concept of the existence of Multiverses (no, … we are not talking mixed harmony choral music here) + Multi dimensions to our existence ….. maybe 'Satanic' forces are dropping in occasionally to control our World under the guise of Religions?

Our ancient folklore often talks of goblins, angels, evil spirits, giants and Jinns, 'little people' that mysteriously appear/disappear and thus gain mythical status in our cultures ….. could these be related to 'technological extra-terrestrial intelligences' that seem to be continually probing human consciousness? (In more ways than one if abductee testimony is to be believed!)

Too scatological and definitely too bizarre a concept for MacRumors Forum?

Come on …. you 'spoilers' have been obsessed with Conspiracy Theory on this thread - and keep dragging the discussion back to it!

P.P.P.S. Talking of Multiverses and the existence of Multiple Dimensions ….. a brief account of 2 slightly strange experiences I had in the last 6 months …..
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/nasa-announces-earth-2-0.1902901/

….. Guessing you guys are going with the 'dementia' explanation? ….. you are so predictable!

[Oh, sorry ..... no explanation of the 'Link'? ….. guess you uninquisitive guys will never know what this last bit is about either ….. no change there then]

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, not just someone who posts stuff of dubious scientific merit, but a delusional, politically illiterate, profoundly anti-Semitic poster as well. Congrats, @Dubdrifter; you have just made my day.

Now, I am not a scientist, although I gave serious consideration to a scientific career while I was at school. Other areas interested me more, but I do stay abreast of some of the scholarship in science, because it is an extraordinarily interesting field. So, while I am not a professional in the field, I'd class myself an intrigued amateur student of such matters.

However, seriously, if your understanding of science in any way reflects your complete lack of comprehension of how politics works, - and I am quite knowledgeable about the latter, both as a scholar, and academic, and as someone who has worked extensively in the field - then I think it best to give your posts a wide berth.

Questionable science and profound political illiteracy are just about forgivable; anti-Semitism is inexcusable.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
You guys should check out his ramblings over here too: http://forums.tvshowsupdate.net/showthread.php?t=2087942

No, thanks, I'll pass. A quick glimpse is all I need….

Come on, guys …..

Dear A.Goldberg ….. Normally, I wouldn't bother responding to a post littered with so many grammatical error that makes me "roll my eyes" ….. especially when the poster slightly, hypocritically, bemoans my 'so called' inability to have an 'intelligent discussion'. [We all have our crosses to bear …. eh?!]

Seeing as many of the 'spoilers' on here "Like" this post .... and ScepticalScribe commented:"Bravo, great post and beautifully written"

………...
Guess what, Mr Goldberg ……
It's not as though you hadn't been warned ….. turning up late ….. and obviously having "read my posts" [Yes, right …. sure you did ….. that's why you are making all these elementary errors and assumptions].

…………...
'Intelligent discussion'? I rest my case. Pick up one of my T-Shirts on your way out.

P.S. Seeing as you 'spoilers' seem to love Conspiracy Theory and seem to be 'obsessed' with ridiculing threads that might discuss the idea of 'other intelligence' above microbial level that might be inhabiting our Universe ….. is it a 'coincidence' that with profile names like A. Goldberg, Aaronvan and ScepticalScribe, ….. you might be, er …. dare I say it ….. all Jewish? Or have a religious agenda?

I know this is a long shot ….. but are any of you guys in anyway connected/related to the Mossad group that was arrested 'dancing with joy' when the twin towers collapsed on 9/11? Or the guy who owned the twin towers and might have 'prepped the building' to fall at free fall speed? Or one of the Mossad agents arrested with a van of explosives trying to drive into Manhattan on the day? Or related to the largely predominant Jewish controlled media that 'convinced us it wasn't an 'inside job' - but together with the 'Fundamentalist Christian' Republicans persuaded the West to go into the Middle East and sort out the enemies of Israel at our own expense …. whilst selling us the arms to do so? Which has lead to the current migration problem in Europe?

……. Let's not over analyse this but ….. It was interesting that Aaronvan's Avatar changed from a 'Satanic' picture symbol to a 'G-Spot' during this discussion.[Maybe the S+M reference on the back of the T-Shirt should tie in nicely!] Was he trying to 'throw us off the scent' he might be pursuing an 'agenda'?

……….

Wow. Politically illiterate and scientifically bizarre. Delusional, and anti-Semitic to boot.

Mossad, eh? Pity my career guidance teacher forgot to mention that one.

Reactions: A.Goldberg

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Come on, guys ….. you have given up commenting on the science ….. 3 good responses to my enquiries which satisfied me ….. 10,000+ views and only 330+ views of Dubdroid's video ….. clearly shows you are all mainly here for the 'spectacle' of someone 'crashing and burning' ….. Round 4. Game on.

Lets analyse it in a little detail:[Apologies in advance for the slight sarcasm - is it sporting to shoot fish in a barrel?]

Mmmm..... "took the bait"? Don't want to burst your bubble, but my personality was revealed well before you showed up late around Post 62. ...... And was only redefined by 'spoilers' posting stupid comments about 'aliens' and the Dagoba people ….. then you roll up with 'lizard people' ….. highly original.

Are you detecting a pattern here? 'Intelligent response' - politeness. 'Stupid response' - "boorishness" and a plea to return to the subject of the thread? I've explained this before. (Sigh!)

Glad to see you've done your 'research' (watching 2 minutes of an 8 minute clip suggests you may be missing 3/4 of the picture here - and you think that is the basis for 'informed comment'? ..... your credibility rating has just hit rock bottom) .....

"I'm not sure much of this would constitute an intelligent discussion other than the knowledge pointed out by a couple people familiar with this area of science. Looking at something and jumping to conclusions as outlandish as aliens and conspiracies sounds a bit absurd and far from scientific".

You claim to have 'seen my other posts'?
There is 'seeing' and 'reading in detail and understanding' ..... which from your comments above, clearly isn't the case.
The 'alien/conspiracy theory' distraction came from 'spoilers' and was clearly intoned as more suitable for discussion elsewhere …… why didn't you take that 'hint' onboard and steer the thread away from the 'absurd' and back to the 'scientific'?

"The video I posted is quite relevant. You can see a conspiracy theorist taking artifacts in video caused by compression and claiming there is a race of superior lizard people ruling the world".

Pretty ironic ..... you want a thread to constitute 'an intelligent discussion' ......then post on a thread trying to discuss a genuine Helioviewer observation ...... a video clip about 'lizard people ruling the world' ..... and now you are trying to 'convince yourself' [but nobody else except fellow 'spoilers'] that this is 'relevant'?? - to this thread?

Guess what, Mr Goldberg …… I watched 0 minutes of your video ….. why? Read my lips ….. Nothing-to-do-with-the-subject-of-the-thread-the-OP-is-clearly-wanting-people-to-focus-on-here.

If a video link is in context to the discussion, I will watch it in it's entirety [that means "all the way through" if your vernacular is getting in the way again] ……. Why? …. because it might contain some fragment relevant to the subject being discussed. Try it some time ….. you might actually 'learn' something ….. even about this thread.

"Your video [be accurate …. link to Dubdroid's post on Youtube] has small spec of light, assumed by your to be a flying saucer" [The poster called it a UFO - an Unidentified Flying Object which is not a flying saucer ….. [come on Goldberg ….. accuracy, accuracy ….. stop twisting every little word on this thread! Kindergarten error] ..… and I made no such assumption in the OP - just initially asked for theories on what might explain what was happening] "while according to our resident astronomers to be artifacts from the imaging technique used. See the parallel? It's quite literal.
The information on the personality traits is only a connection of your whimsical thoughts and your utterly rude tone you speak to fellow members with. I assure you people tolerate that far less then off track comments".

Have you really studied my posts? - if you had you would be aware this has already been discussed and acknowledged ..... do keep up and stop skimming through the data.

"Lastly and speaking of derailments, welcome to the internet where people can say what they want and make all the grammatical errors they want. I appreciate your concern over my language but recognize I'm speaking in vernacular. I speak 2 languages natively, I suppose I can't get it everything right and all the time".

It is very unlikely you have any links to any of these people ….. cheap shot, I know (not a racist comment I assure you)….. but there are groups of people who do 'patrol' these forum sites who work for certain 'agencies' (Government + Religious) whose Full-Time job is to stamp on any 'thoughts of a far superior alien intelligence being out there' ….. something that might upset the 'agenda' of Fundamentalist Religious Groups and Government who don't want their 2,000 year old 'control' of the World being 'undermined' by such 'claptrap' - "how stupid to think such a thing was possible …… back in your box, Dubdrifter ….. you are being utterly ridiculous" ….. Ho Hum ….. another time, another post?
P.P.S. Let's not over analyse this but ….. It was interesting that Aaronvan's Avatar changed from a 'Satanic' picture symbol to a 'G-Spot' during this discussion.[Maybe the S+M reference on the back of the T-Shirt should tie in nicely!] Was he trying to 'throw us off the scent' he might be pursuing an 'agenda'?

With scientists currently wrestling with the concept of the existence of Multiverses (no, … we are not talking mixed harmony choral music here) + Multi dimensions to our existence ….. maybe 'Satanic' forces are dropping in occasionally to control our World under the guise of Religions?

Our ancient folklore often talks of goblins, angels, evil spirits, giants and Jinns, 'little people' that mysteriously appear/disappear and thus gain mythical status in our cultures ….. could these be related to 'technological extra-terrestrial intelligences' that seem to be continually probing human consciousness? (In more ways than one if abductee testimony is to be believed!)

Too scatological and definitely too bizarre a concept for MacRumors Forum?

Come on …. you 'spoilers' have been obsessed with Conspiracy Theory on this thread - and keep dragging the discussion back to it!

P.P.P.S. Talking of Multiverses and the existence of Multiple Dimensions ….. a brief account of 2 slightly strange experiences I had in the last 6 months …..
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/nasa-announces-earth-2-0.1902901/

….. Guessing you guys are going with the 'dementia' explanation? ….. you are so predictable!

[Oh, sorry ..... no explanation of the 'Link'? ….. guess you uninquisitive guys will never know what this last bit is about either ….. no change there then]

Do you often talk to yourself?

Reactions: A.Goldberg

A.Goldberg

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2015
Boston
@Dubdrifter- I really don't know where to start here other than thank you for proving all of my points.

I'm not sure I should entertain much of a response for someone as ignorant and rude as yourself. I watched enough of your video to see the burst, spec, burst, spec. I got the point in about 10 seconds. I'm not sure where this assumption is coming from that I have not read through this thread. You speak of people bringing things off topic, let us not forget your 3 page diatribe on people's laziness to watch full videos. If criticizing grammar is the only way you can defend yourself, be advised that your excessive uses of ellipsis is not considered good writing.

I appreciate your insight into your true colors as an anti-semite (a word I don't throw out lightly). It's remarkable to see such bigoted people still walk the face of this earth. I am Jewish. Are you trying to discount my thoughts/opinions because of it? If blaming 0.2% of the world population for all of it's problems is your only way of accepting/coping with tragedies in the world, I feel very sorry for you. Best of luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.