Astronomy software

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Anthony8720, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

I dont know if this is the best place to ask this or not, but here it goes anyway. I want to do some astrophotography using a ccd camera this winter. I have been looking for some software that would work well with my new mbp, but i have been unsuccessful so far. Does anyone know of any good astrophotography software for macs? Thanks!

EDIT: I guess i should also state exactly what im looking for. I want to be able to control the camera completely through my mbp. This is more than possible and incredibly easy in windows....however, i think you know where im going with this. And no, i dont want to taint my brand new machine with anything microslop oriented.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You can start here or there. However, there is this thing called Google. You might also look into that.

3. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

I think you may have missed the part where i said i have been looking but have been unsuccessful. Thats why i posted here, because i tried and failed. Thanks for listening.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

5. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

is your camera fixed to a telescope?? if yes then Starry Night Pro allow you to control a telescope :D i think the software is quite expensive :(

6. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

The second one my prove useful, but there not quite what im looking for. I certainly appreciate the effort though. Thanks.

And yes, my camera will be fixed to the telescope. And i already have starry night pro, and yes, it was quite expensive. The problem with starry night is that it controls the telescope, and not the camera. I want to be able to see the view of my camera on my mbp screen. The idea is to be able to control the scope and telescope from a remote location, say, in my car for example. Thanks a lot for the replies, i wasn't expecting much, but you have all been very helpful.