Asurion iPhone 5 replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Explicitic, Dec 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hey guys!

Just wanted to share my experience with Asurion (AT&T mobile insurance). So basically I lost my iPhone 5 in the mall (yeah...don't judge) and filed a claim yesterday, the 26th. I actually had to email a few documents in (photo ID, proof of purchase, a signed affidavit, and the summary page of my latest statement) but within just a few hours, I was able to successfully complete the claim. The replacement iPhone shipped out the same day with "Standard Overnight" from FedEx. It just arrived and I'm happy to say that the phone is brand new! Still shrink-wrapped, everything. Overall, I had a great experience with Asurion. Claim filed on the 26th, shipped same day, and delivered next day.
    Also attached a picture showing my new iPhone!

I'd definitely recommend them to anybody based on my experience.

Attached Files:

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

Ugh...I just found this on the new iPhone...
    A part of the SIM card tray is bent up....if you can see it in my blurry picture.
    Should I ask for a replacement?

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 6502a

Congrats on a successful replacement/claim through your mobile insurance fulfillment!

If everything else is fine with the phone, you might try asking for a new SIM tray from the Genius Bar at a local Apple Store; they might require the entire phone be replaced if they cannot replace individual parts of the phone.

Otherwise, I would request for a replacement asap; note that this is how you found the phone. Good luck!

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Just got off the phone with Apple support. They're charging me $25 to have a new SIM tray mailed to me...

5. macrumors regular

That's who I have through Verizon.

Hopefully I never have to use them, even though you had a good experience.

6. macrumors 6502

Unbelievable. They are out of control. Apple has lost all decency when it comes to customer service. It's quite sad, actually. I'd fight that $25 charge if I were you.