Asus makes MacBook's, so I present to you the MacBook Tablet

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Easy Rider, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Easy Rider macrumors member

EDIT: Source saying Asus makes MacBooks: http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/04/04/asus_macbook_contract/

http://www.asus.com/news_show.aspx?id=3992

Apple will use that as an ODM, replace the shell, make it all pretty ofcourse, but things are looking good!

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

No, if Apple ever came out with Tablet PC's they'll design one that's actually usable then get Asus and the like to make it. Then, and only then, will Asus and the like come out with Window'd near clones.

Tablet PC's in the form factor of laptops are a waste of time.

3. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I dont think apple will ever (or at least not now) make a tablet, their not really popular, and there is not really a space for a tablet in their lineup... lot of other things we will see before we see a tablet... phone, mid range, 40inch screen, wid range phone with a 40inch screen..... :p

4. Easy Rider thread starter macrumors member

webcams have been around forever, yet apple is selling a crapload of computers at stores to children and troubled 40 year old men due to photobooth.

if they can make facial distortions, on an old technology like webcams popular, then i'm sure they can make tablet pc's popular.

5. purelithium macrumors 6502

purelithium

These companies don't get it. We don't need a inch and a half thick Laptop with a touch screen. We need A 3/4 to 1" thick Slate PC with similar specs. It doesn't help any to have a keyboard. If I wanted a keyboard, I would buy a full-size notebook, I buy tablets for the extreme portability of them. I want small, small, small. Not this rediculous attempt for a tablet.

It's not a question of technological ability to do this, it's lack of willingness for the Marketing departments of these companies to research and find the correct market to target. It's out there, they need to find it.