At last: Gapless playback in Google Music.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ChazUK, Nov 12, 2012.

1. macrumors 603

ChazUK

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...ings-gapless-playback-instant-mixes-and-more/

One of the last things that bugged me about Google Music, Gapless playback has been sorted.

Good timing considering the European Google Music release tomorrow (even tough I'm already using it already).

2. 3bs
    macrumors 603

3bs

Glad to see I can still update it even though I installed the apk manually. As far as I know Ireland isn't on the list so that won't be changing tomorrow.

What is gapless playback exactly?

3. macrumors 68010

It's exactly that; no gaps between songs.

4. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

Finally!

I have too many albums that suffer from that millisecond of nothing in between tracks. Laugh all you want, but it does ruin the listening experience, especially when the fade starts just a few seconds before the next track starts.

5. macrumors 6502a

Usually most common i would say on dance music albums where one song merges into another.

6. macrumors 68010

Or classical and progressive rock.

7. macrumors 65816

I don't know this "Dance Music" of which you young whipper-snappers speak, but albums like "The Dark Side of the Moon", "Oxygene" and "The War of the Worlds" (and if you haven't heard of at least one of those GET OFF MY LAWN!!!) really need gapless playback.

iTunes handles it well - the only Android player I've found so far that does it is WinAmp.

8. macrumors 6502a

smwatson

I downloaded the Google Music Manager this morning but it refused to launch. Might have to have another go later.

Is there a way to stream to Airport Express with Google Music?

9. macrumors 601

The lack of Google Music here was one of the main reasons I got rid of my S3.

Too little too late Google :p I'll give it a year or two and see where Android is then.