Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Read This!!!

If you ordered from AT&T's website, you should have received a confirmation e-mail. Here is what it said for those who didn't read it:

Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-served basis.​

That tells me they will ship them on Thursday and you will get the tracking number then.

Kenal0

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
Ordered on 6/9, status still shows in progress. I would expect it to change on Thursday when they ship. I have never had a problem with ATT shipping. I have a small business account and they have always been very good. I have also gotten phones delivered and then received the email that it was shipped so I would not worry.

Kenal0

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for....... credit issues said:
hahaha (laughs but really is crying) well then I wont be getting an iphone since I wont be paying my cellphone bill till next friday which is pay day since I blew my money on paying for the iphone.:(

auburnfan24

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
If you ordered from AT&T, you should have received a confirmation e-mail. Here is what it said for those who didn't read it:

Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes. Additional items added to the cart at the time of your pre-order may ship separately depending on availability. Your credit card will not be charged until items are shipped. All pre-orders taken online are being handled on a first-come, first-served basis.​

That tells me they will ship them on Thursday and you will get the tracking number then.

i didnt get an email.... i ordered from a store on the 12th. but i have an order number 'in progress' and the money out of my bank account. hmmm :confused:

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
i didnt get an email.... i ordered from a store on the 12th. but i have an order number 'in progress' and the money out of my bank account. hmmm :confused:

If you ordered it in the store, you will have to go to the AT&T store to pick it up. From what I gathered, only people who ordered on AT&T's website will have the phones shipped to them.

SimpsonsFan007

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
Ordered in-store on the 9th for in-store pickup, both orders now show "shipped" with the tracking number, though neither tracking number has any information on the UPS site.

And I wonder - is anyone else seeing something where the iPhone entry of the order is gone, and the freight remains? See below (the pictures are from yesterday - now I have "shipped" as the status and "1" underneath "Qty Shipped" in both items. See what I mean? Both entries earlier had the iPhone line and a freight entry as well. Now one has the iPhone and the other has the freight...

Attachments

• att1.PNG
    att1.PNG
    21.3 KB · Views: 188
  • att2.PNG
    att2.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 166

alejovh1

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2008
I preordered mine on the 10th (premier) and still says backordered! :(
so much for premier customers!!!:(:(

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
I know, although when I called the online dept, they said that it still may come on 6/19 after doing some checking on their internal status, but clearly ordering from AT&T was NOT the way to go. I don't know what I was thinking. In fact if I thought I could cancel the order cleanly, I could still order form Apple today and get it Friday, but I don't trust AT&T to be able tio even do that right at this point and I would end up with 2 accounts and an extra phone charge. I'm stuck at this point.

I feel your pain. I should have never decided to order through AT&T. I ordered on the 13th after being told by a rep that it would be that way ANYwhere I tried to preorder. And I was thinking that included Apple. Got home and figured out that Apple was still guaranteeing 19th delivery. I tried to cancel but said I could not until they actually had my iPhone in their hands, which I still don't believe. I tried numerous reps, but was not lucky.

I tried calling Apple to order, but couldn't order through them since I already had ordered through AT&T. So now my only option to maybe guarantee having one on the 19th is to get in line. And I've always told myself I would never do that because I think it's retarded. I definitely will not be staying the night. I will just try to get there early.

Zoidaloid

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
SoCal
Originally ordered 6/8 at Apple store but online. Nothing was confirmed via email so re-ordered with AT&T online 6/9 morning. Need number transfer from Verizon. Status is still "In Progress". Still rainin', still dreamin'!

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
Mine just changed from in-progress to shipped this morning. Take a deep breath. Three days to go yet.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Ordered in store and a current subscriber. My tracking number doesn't work yet.

I'm pretty sure that people who ordered in store will have to pick up their phone at the store. That's most likely the reason that you have a tracking number. It's being shipped from China (or wherever) to the AT&T store you ordered it from.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone who ordered from AT&T's website (which means it will be shipped to their house) has tracking numbers yet.

Future2001

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2008
Didn't get an email... Ordered on Friday... So mine should be one of the last shipped out for Friday delivery.... Mine says in processing...

Last year the only email I recieved was "an associate will be calling you to pick up your new iPhone 3g today" email... So I'm not worried about that.

Keep your heads up guys... It will come...

EmptyWallet

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure that people who ordered in store will have to pick up their phone at the store. That's most likely the reason that you have a tracking number. It's being shipped from China (or wherever) to the AT&T store you ordered it from.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone who ordered from AT&T's website (which means it will be shipped to their house) has tracking numbers yet.

They have, but they don't have delivery dates like the people from Apple do.

larryj

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2007
Atlanta
I ordered over the phone (premier) on Friday afternoon (6/12). My status still shows 'in progress' but I haven't received any emails at all.

I called this morning to make sure they had the correct email address and they do. I'm not sure why I didn't receive an order confirmation email.

I asked about the ship date and was told that it would ship on Friday and I would have it by Tuesday morning.

Betelgeuse

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2008
I'm not worried about it anyways. As long as I get it on Friday or Saturday, I'll be alright.

You almost certainly won't get it Saturday. Unless AT&T paid UPS extra money (AT&T is using them rather than FedEx, right?), they won't be delivering on Saturday. I just can't see AT&T doing that. So, it's Friday or Monday, I think.

Just to add to the numbers, I'm a new AT&T customer who ordered online and still am "In Progress" without a tracking number. The *only* reason I ordered online from AT&T was because of the Bing cashback deal. Otherwise, I *definitely* would have ordered from Apple.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
I ordered two phones via Premier. One is a corporate line and the other is a FAN discount line for my wife. One phone ordered on the 11th and the other on the 14th.

Both phones at time of order only gave an option for free 2nd day air shipping and both phones show no new status on the order.

I'm not sure, historically whether Premier orders/accounts get any better treatment during a launch like this.

If the phones do go out on Thurs or Friday and they do ship them 2nd day then we won't get them until Mon or Tues of next week.

My wife's phone that I ordered on the 14th probably won't arrive for a couple of weeks, from what I understand any phones not ordered by the 13th could be delayed by up to two weeks due to supplies being tight.

EmptyWallet

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2009
Yeah, the more I've been reading what's going on, the more I'm thinking that I won't be taking Friday off of work to sign for a package. I might be taking Monday off instead.

It just seems like ATT really dropped the ball on this one. Seriously. :(

This makes me feel a bit better, even though the guy ordered one from Apple. Maybe it's whats happening with us as well.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by edge540
Mine just changed to prepared for shipping! But it still says that it will ship out on the 19th and arrive the 22nd. But i did get the email from apple assuring me ill get it the 19th. And they did upgrade me yesterday to priority shipping. Oh, I ordered mine 2 hours after the store came up on the 8th, shipping to Indiana.

I just spoke to Apple with the same issue. I ordered mine just after the keynote from the Apple website. I was told that some orders are showing as shipped already because they're coming from "far away." Other orders, like mine, will show a later shipping date because they're coming from "closer." I pressed him on that and he told me that some orders are shipping from China and some are coming from within the US. Specifically, for me, from Georgia. Figure that one out.

At any rate, he said that although mine has not yet shipped, it will ship from "closer" and be in my hands on Friday. "

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.