AT&T Flipping on LTE all over?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by randy98mtu, Sep 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

So far today I've seen threads for Birmingham, AL, Seattle and Philly. Any other places they threw the switch today? They are obviously making a big push to get as many places on for the new iPhone as they can. Hoping Detroit is on by Friday too. :)

2. macrumors 68000

penajmz

AT&T does many things wrong but they also do some good things. :)

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

Found this on their webpage. Pretty big push in the last week:

Edit: 5 of those were on their list from 9/6 of "by the end of 2012." They also threw on several others on 9/6. Bravo to them for making a big push. A little late, but at least they are showing they are working on it.

4. macrumors 6502

They just turned it on in Anchorage, AK as well.

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Nice, the more LTE the better.

6. macrumors 68040

Whoa, they threw the switch on Seattle? Cool... course I'm still not sure that will benefit me. Technically I'm just north of Seattle so if it's just in the city I'm probably only going to get to experience it sometimes (I don't go into the city that much). Still, it means more chance I'll at least get a chance to see how good it is (at least before I visit my parents in Atlanta cause it appears their map says Atlanta has LTE now).

7. macrumors regular

Come on Detroit!!!!!! Hopefully the rumors are true about a September 19th LTE date.

8. macrumors newbie

I might not have switched if I knew they planned on having LTE in my Area in the near future. The only thing I really hated about ATT is how quickly the data signal would get clogged. Huge mistake not making some sort of formal announcement on that issue.

9. macrumors 6502

dialed1

Anyone know when for salt lake city?

10. macrumors regular

the Twin Cities is scheduled "by end of 2012." I am pleasantly surprised to hear that other cities on that list are being turned on this soon, not something I would expect from AT&T.

11. macrumors regular

Eric5964

Where did you see Sept 19th in Detroit?? Tomorrow!?

EricE

12. macrumors regular

Already posted this in my other thread about Seattle, but here is a list of all western Washington cities confirmed to have 4g active:

Seattle
    Bellevue
    Lynnwood
    Renton
    Covington
    Federal Way
    Tacoma

13. macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Is Miami or South FL in general in the mix?

14. macrumors 6502

They saw that they had a lot of iPhone activity up there in Anchorage over the last weekend and decided that they needed to invest in Anchorage. ;)

15. macrumors 68000

I just want to know how far the coverage extends. I'm in a suburb directly outside of Chicago, maybe like 40 mins away from the heart of the city (with light traffic), should I have LTE signal?

16. macrumors 6502a

Mind sharing the webpage? I must be an idiot cause I can't find it on their website, aside from the "coming soon" list and the map with too many blues to know what is what.

17. macrumors 68040

Cool. It's too bad Everett is not in that mix (it's where I work and where I probably use my iPhone the most... when I'm on break).

Still, that's pretty good coverage (and covers where I live though at home I have wi-fi ;) ) and maybe it will creep to Everett eventually.

18. macrumors regular

I'm hoping for a Detroit greenlight in the next few days as well. Those are my old stomping grounds and I'm gonna be back in town in a couple weeks, hopefully with an iPhone 5 that'll take advantage of it.

19. macrumors 6502a

I posted this in the Seattle thread, but Portland is supposed to get LTE by the end of this month if the AT&T retail worker I spoke with today is to be believed.

20. macrumors 6502

We have had LTE for a few months. I get full bars and about 20Mbps all around major areas in South FL.

21. macrumors newbie

I'm about an hour NW of Chicago and lte just misses my house by 5 or so miles. That being said, LTE is all over lake county (Ill) and throughout Chicagoland. Do a google search for att coverage map and you'll see their LTE area.

22. macrumors 65816

How about Phoenix, AZ?

23. macrumors 6502

I go to Bremerton/Bangor a lot. Are any of those cities close to the ones that have activated, so that they might be able to get the signal from one of those cities, even though they aren't specifically listed?

24. Smtevo, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

macrumors regular

Repost.

25. macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

Nice, Since i'm still still on 3G I never paid attention lmao. Thanks.