AT&T iPhone 4S Data WAP.CINGULAR?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chillstatus, Nov 16, 2011.

1. macrumors member

What does everyone's data usage on the to/from say for AT&T when you check your account? Mine says wap.cingular / Internet/MEdia Net. From reading the AnandTech review, the author states his phone is not using wap.cingular anymore:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4971/apple-iphone-4s-review-att-verizon/3

I also ran the field test and it says this for me (wap.cingular). I even called AT&T to have them specifically switch my data plan to "Unlimited Data for iPhone 4S" from the standard iPhone plan I had. I just think that this is restricting my data speeds and was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue, and if they were able to correct it.

[​IMG]

2. macrumors G4

Did you upgrade from an iPhone 4? If so, did you call AT&T to change your plan to the 4S plan? The main difference between wap.cingular" and "phone" is that "phone" supports HSPA+.

My usage report says "phone." If I put the SIM into another phone and access the web, it connects through wap.cingular.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I called AT&T to have it changed. I'm trying to change the APN using a site like unlockitz but it's giving me an error that I can't fix.

4. macrumors member

mine says "phone" as well...

Attached Files:

5. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Yes, I just went in to check mine and my 4S also displays it as "phone".

6. macrumors 6502a

You need to call AT&T and have them change your APN settings to "phone.". That will allow the HSPA+ speeds