AT&T LTE Just started working in Denver

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlphaDogg, Nov 8, 2012.

1. AlphaDogg, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012

macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I went to check the time on my phone and to my surprise, it read that it had an LTE connection. I was amazed, so I ran a speedtest. Yep, definitely LTE. I guess they decided to flip the switch.

Can any other Coloradoans confirm?

[​IMG]

2. AFDoc, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012

macrumors 68020

Just noticed this myself last night (and did a search here to see if any one else had this).... Not happy if we only get 14Mbps when others are getting 35Mbps. I guess it's better than what I was getting.

Attached Files:

3. macrumors regular

You both have poor service from the screenshot. I'd expect you to be a lot higher when you were in a good service area. Keep us updated.

I'm in Louisville, KY and they are supposed to switch on LTE by the end of the year. I have only been on LTE in Cincinnati and it was terrible. I could never get over 15-16Mbits. I can get up to 10Mbit on HSPA+ here in Louisville. A friend who went to Indianapolis was getting close to 50Mbits.

4. macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Charleston, SC here. We're suppose to get LTE by years end. Glad to see AT&T making progress in this area! Congrats in CO!

5. macrumors 68020

I have a conference in Denver today so will check speeds in the city.

6. macrumors regular

Dude, you have two bars of LTE, of course you're only gonna get like between 10-20 mb/s down. I get the same service at home, it's only at night, when everyone is usually asleep that I manage to get a much better connection and can get at least 30 mb/s down. So, give it a shot at night. :p

Also congrats, I'm still waiting to get LTE here in Houston around the area where I work. It doesn't help that I'm practically on the outer edge of Houston. :(

7. macrumors 68020

I didn't notice the signal when I posted. I got 22Mbps at a different location so am more excited about that.

Attached Files:

8. macrumors regular

Dude, just wait till you're out in the freeway or if you're near a tower and you get 5 bars. The speedtests are so fast the app crashes. :D

9. AlphaDogg, Nov 9, 2012

thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Well on my commute, I ran a speed test. AMAZING!!!
    [​IMG]

10. macrumors regular

evilrt

holy mega ping, batman! still awesome for At&t and CO. wtg.

11. thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It's not that bad...

12. AFDoc, Nov 9, 2012

macrumors 68020

At MSUD in the parking lot by science building.

Attached Files:

13. thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

My 47mbps was on Monaco and Yale in Denver.

14. macrumors 65816

Hope they flip the switch in Columbus soon. We've got LTE in Cleveland, Akron and Cincinnati, but not the capital and largest city. Promised by end of year, hopefully soon.

However, I can't complain too much, as the HSPA+ netwok in Columbus is excellent. Typically in the 5-7 Mbps range with 130ms pings, and I've hit as high as 11.5 Mbps at some times.

15. macrumors regular

You are correct! I see "AT&T LTE" in the southern Denver suburbs! Few days ago, I was in Denver proper, and it showed "AT&T 4G" - I'll try to drive by those areas again and see if that changed. Maybe other folks can also chime in!

16. macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I would only complain when there's a Buckeye game or something happening happening at Crew Stadium(Rock On The Range, Etc), but then again that congestion is only on the towers local to OSU.

Cleveland LTE is awesome. I couldn't be happier with it.

17. thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

At school, my LTE speeds vary between 8Mbps-35Mbps downstream and 1.5Mbps-18Mbps upstream.

18. thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Anyone else in the metro area losing data connection every few minutes? I just chatted with an AT&T rep for a while. He re-registered my phone on the network, updated the IMEI and ICCID on the system, and re-registered it again. It seems the cause of my data connection being constantly dropped is due to the fact that I live on the edge of the nearest LTE-enabled tower.

----------

Also, this speedtest was done at an intersection about 3 blocks from my house.

[​IMG]

19. macrumors 68020

I have noticed that. I'll have full bars but it keeps telling me I have no internet. Full bars with ATT at the top. I will be calling or going in to try and deal with the issue.

20. macrumors regular

Just switch to Verizon. LTE almost everywhere, 10x the markets than AT&T.

21. macrumors 68020

At much slower speeds? No thanks. I have ATT LTE now so no need to go with the slower alternative.

22. macrumors regular

I noticed it on my drive to work today. Only got around 15 Mbps. I live in Aurora and drive down to work on i25 to Lakewood. Nothing yet in Aurora or in Lakewood. I'm guessing they only turned on maybe one or two towers ad are still testing it. AT&T's website still says Denver is coming soon. I was freaking excited though when I saw it!

23. AlphaDogg, Nov 9, 2012

thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I basically live on I-25 and Hampden, so I guess there are a few towers around here that they are testing...

Edit: forgot to mention that I got LTE downtown too. Confluence park/16th st mall area.

24. macrumors regular

Nice! Yeah I live off hampden and Yosemite and I only noticed when I got onto i25 off hampden. I hope they turn it on full soon. I've been having that issue with no data when I go from LTE back to "4G".

25. thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It's really annoying and it seems to me that it's because AT&T isn't quite finished with the LTE upgrade here. It's supposed to officially go live on Sunday (Nov 11), but I will be in Washington DC then. Hopefully when I get back to Denver on Thursday, the problem will be all sorted out.