Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
I got a "membership card" in the mail today for AT&T Plus...it looks like some sort of loyalty ploy from AT&T. They provide a "special" 800 number for support and questions, waive activation fees and upgrade fees, as well as give accessory discounts (non-Apple) and "provide access to special events and exclusive product announcements".

I did a quick Google search and there's not much discussion out there. I got an email a few weeks ago telling me to "stay tuned" and then the card showed up in the mail today with a promo brochure. Has anyone else seen this?

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
I got a "membership card" in the mail today for AT&T Plus...it looks like some sort of loyalty ploy from AT&T. They provide a "special" 800 number for support and questions, waive activation fees and upgrade fees, as well as give accessory discounts (non-Apple) and "provide access to special events and exclusive product announcements".

I did a quick Google search and there's not much discussion out there. I got an email a few weeks ago telling me to "stay tuned" and then the card showed up in the mail today with a promo brochure. Has anyone else seen this?

No I haven't seen anything in the mail yet. I haven't seen anything online either.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
I have an ATT Plus account. So far all I see is waived upgrade fees.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I have an ATT Plus account. So far all I see is waived upgrade fees.

I generally avoid these by calling them and reminding them that I've been a customer for 10 years and trying to nickel and dime me isn't the greatest idea.

Toppa G's

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
The exurbs, MN
I recently got an email invitation for a "VIP event" at Canterbury Park hosted by AT&T Plus. I'm not going, but it sounded like free food, etc. would be available. Otherwise, not much benefit besides waived activation/upgrade fees. They also send out a magazine periodically with varying content related to AT&T products and services, as well as other filler stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.