Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
I'm here in Phoenix and trying to get a 16gb Black LTE for my son. I have a 64gb wifi for myself but seems I don't see anything in stock in the stores for a 50 mile radius. My store I always go to is going to hold one for me but is anybody having any luck on there site and seeing in stock anywhere or are they just not updating the darn site at all. Like to save the 100 dollars if I can but I may have to bite the bullet and go through Apple on store pick up which BTW last night had just about every flavor available for pick up.

----------

Looking for a IPad mini if I missed that

wingsabr

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
For some reason, the ATT models in the Southeast (Florida, Alabama, Georgia) have been very sparse. I decided to switch to Verizon this time and even Best Buy here in Tallahassee had these in stock. (FYI, BB never has anything new here in Tallahassee)

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
I'm here in Phoenix and trying to get a 16gb Black LTE for my son. I have a 64gb wifi for myself but seems I don't see anything in stock in the stores for a 50 mile radius. My store I always go to is going to hold one for me but is anybody having any luck on there site and seeing in stock anywhere or are they just not updating the darn site at all. Like to save the 100 dollars if I can but I may have to bite the bullet and go through Apple on store pick up which BTW last night had just about every flavor available for pick up.

----------

Looking for a IPad mini if I missed that

You don't have an Apple store near where you live?

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
You don't have an Apple store near where you live?

I was able to order 2 (16gb black, 16gb white) last night for pick up at my local Apple Store. AT&T store says they have never gotten one and don't expect it for a while.

Guy Mancuso

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Yes I actually have 4 Apple stores no farther than 25 miles and they have stock in all of them for LTE models last night. Was trying to save the 100 dollars at the AT&T store but if nothing today from them , I'll go Apple tonight. He wanted it for Thanksgiving as his pre X-Mas gift. 15 and no patience to wait. LOL

----------

I was able to order 2 (16gb black, 16gb white) last night for pick up at my local Apple Store. AT&T store says they have never gotten one and don't expect it for a while.

Yes this is what I fear is it maybe awhile and not sure why that is either. Ill give it to today than if not ill go Apple tonight on pick up. Kind of annoying that don't have them yet.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
Yes I actually have 4 Apple stores no farther than 25 miles and they have stock in all of them for LTE models last night. Was trying to save the 100 dollars at the AT&T store but if nothing today from them , I'll go Apple tonight. He wanted it for Thanksgiving as his pre X-Mas gift. 15 and no patience to wait. LOL

----------

Yes this is what I fear is it maybe awhile and not sure why that is either. Ill give it to today than if not ill go Apple tonight on pick up. Kind of annoying that don't have them yet.

The $100 credit is why I wanted to get it from AT&T store as well. In the end, I decided $100 isn't worth the 2 year commitment. I'm not sure if you can buy it from Apple and take it to AT&T and ask for the 2 year commitment and a credit against your account. Has anybody tried that?

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
My advice would be to order it from AT&Ts website - you'll get the $100 off and it will arrive in a couple of days - maybe not in time for Thanksgiving Day but soon after. Tell your son you'll give him $20 of the $100 you'll be saving.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I took my mini in to get it activated on our business account at our AT&T store. All the employees ran over because it was the first mini they had seen. They said apple only let them order devices last week and they have no idea when they will show up. They seemed quite frustrated about the situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.