Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Att throttled and I am able to download App Store just fine. Maybe I'm the lucky one?

Are you on 4G LTE or WiFi? This only comes into play if you're on 4G LTE and not WiFi, WiFi for the App Store is just fine.

MJBarnes

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Same issue here in SE Wisconsin. App Store and iTunes Music pretty much non-existent data speeds.. Apple support forums have the same types of posts. Hopefully the more people that post, the more traction it will get...

Yes, Apple will point at ATT and ATT will point back at Apple. Been having the same issue with ATT and Onstar for about 2 weeks... Neither one will accept the responsibility and try to fix the situation.

bgro

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2010
South Florida
Same issue here in SE Wisconsin. App Store and iTunes Music pretty much non-existent data speeds.. Apple support forums have the same types of posts. Hopefully the more people that post, the more traction it will get...

Yes, Apple will point at ATT and ATT will point back at Apple. Been having the same issue with ATT and Onstar for about 2 weeks... Neither one will accept the responsibility and try to fix the situation.
Well if this is the case then i'm done with both companies. android and tmobile or verizon starting to look better and better.

LaZyFLiP

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2009
Also experiencing slow downloads from the App Store on LTE. YouTube and Spotify stream just fine.

AT&T
iPhone 6s Plus on 9.0.1

uhaas

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2012
Boston, MA
I also believe it's a CDN thing, because when I have the issue, if I cancel and restart the download, after 2-5 tries of that it downloads immediately on LTE. I suspect that each cancel/restart gives it a chance to select a different server to download from, eventually getting to one that works.

With the Slicegate issue happening, I suspect all the download servers are completely overwhelmed. Everyone has to re-download non-app-thinned versions, as well as people downloading iOS 9.0 and 9.0.1.

I'm also on AT&T.

bonokoot

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
AT&T in Tampa, FL been having the issue with Apple Music for weeks, and downloading through the App Store for a few days. Tweeted @ATTCares and got a response asking for my location, gave them that and two links with posts, this one and one on apple support, that users are having the problem nationwide. Have yet to hear back.

Reactions: Statusnone88

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Whoa, exact same issue.
Clearwater/Tampa Bay area.
I thought it was my iTunes Match not working with my new iPhone 6S Plus.
I was very close to exchanging it.
I am getting decent LTE speeds and everything else (Youtube, safari) work fine.
My phone sees all my music but refuses to load it, its like a firewall preventing it.

So, I am driving home and realized I forgot to install iHeartRadio. An app that is about 70megs, I think.
The icon just sits there like its loading and for the full 1/2 hour ride, doesn't budge.

Next, I take out my wife's iPhone 6 on my walk (while I manually load music on my 6S because Match isn't working) and notice the exact same thing.

I never considered it was an AT&T thing.
Maybe they are ninja throttling because so many new activations come out this time of year?

Scottadus

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
AT&T said everyone needs to tweet @attcares and explain that over lte on att iPhone app store doesn't download or it's unbelievably slow. Pass this on.

Scottadus

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
Pass this along. It's the only way att Will take notice.

AT&T said everyone needs to tweet @attcares and explain that over lte on att iPhone app store apps wont download or it's unbelievably slow. Pass this on.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Still no change. Just tried to update a 32.8mb app and it took 1:08:65. It's like I'm on dial-up! Though my 6s is showing LTE and good signal strenght. I'll say I haven't had the same issues with Apple Music as others are reporting. But, even still. LTE should suck up this app update in half the time.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I tweeted them again.

I tweeted them too. They did respond and want me to DM them with contact info and they'll take a look. Unfortunately, not in a position to get wrapped up with them right now. Would have to wait till I get home from work.

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
Here's what they will tell you over the phone "We are aware of the issue and this is a iOS 9.0.1 issue that will be addressed in 9.0.2"..................

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
That sucks to hear but it is probably correct. I only started noticing it in 9.0.1.

Wonder if I can drop back to 9.0 on my 6S Plus?

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
That sucks to hear but it is probably correct. I only started noticing it in 9.0.1.

Wonder if I can drop back to 9.0 on my 6S Plus?

My only concern is... If it's a 9.0.1 issue, then why does it seem only AT&T is having an issue? Different build?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.