Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
There are way too many people misusing the word monopoly.

Definition of 'Monopoly'
A situation in which a single company or group owns all or nearly all of the market for a given type of product or service. By definition, monopoly is characterized by an absence of competition, which often results in high prices and inferior products.

According to a strict academic definition, a monopoly is a market containing a single firm. In such instances where a single firm holds monopoly power, the company will typically be forced to divest its assets. Antimonopoly regulation protects free markets from being dominated by a single entity.

Hspa and lte are just newer versions of CDMA anyway

I hope you were being sarcastic because that's completely wrong.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
ATT is very bad at customer retention.

They just charged a 70 cent fee for no reason but to get their balance sheet up by $775 million. I quit out of spite. Was paying $140/month on my service. So I have negated 200 customers worth of 70 cent fee.

The only reason ATT has a reputation is because of their coverage along with Verizon. Customers are just fodder for their balance sheets.

The post above reveals very negative emotional feelings around AT&T. While no carrier can keep all their customers happy, in the decade plus that I've used them my personal experience with a five line plan & many phones has been exemplary.

While their business practices are easily debated, Apples no angel either. It's simply big business circa 2013.

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
If AT&T and VZW are so bad, why have they been the only carriers having a net gain of subscribers quarter after quarter? Customer retention is so bad that they keep adding customers right?

Why have TMobile and Sprint been loosing customers during the same period? Because they have terrible customer retention. Uncarrier just makes that worse because they have no incentive to stay, ever.

If 70 cents is too much to pay, I hear not eating saves money in the long run too.

AT&T and VZW have fantastic customer service. The opposite of your beloved TMobile, who has the worst customer service in the business.

----------

Spectrum and they have the money.

Leap will probably be shut down eventually and the spectrum will be used for LTE and HSPA. Very similar to TMobile's MetroPCS merger.

How much does ATT pay you to post these messages? I see that you have been going to every thread you can and bashing TMobile.

BTW who said T-Mobile was my beloved carrier? See? You got outed!

If you read my post carefully you will see that ATT has the best network coverage and people are sometimes forced to choose ATT because no one else has coverage in the area. I am talking about suburban to rural areas.I personally know many people who are having to do that!

There is a difference between a customer having no choice and retaining a customer in spite of his/her options to choose!

Regarding 70 cents? So why stop at 70? Why not just donate like 70 dollars a month to ATT and call it "I love you so much so here is the money" fund?

Talking of which, ATT CEO once said that he is having sleepless nights and wondering if he did the right thing by signing up with Apple in bringing out the first iPhone. He said he is afraid that he will lose revenue for the smartphone could change the industry and destroy traditional revenue channels....

In other words, he would be very happy to charge you an arm and leg for the following screen

1.Browser
2.Email
3.Buy Wall Paper for $1.99
4.Buy Ring tones for $0.99
5.News

Remember those days? That's what ATT would have loved to give YOU the customer!

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
The post above reveals very negative emotional feelings around AT&T. While no carrier can keep all their customers happy, in the decade plus that I've used them my personal experience with a five line plan & many phones has been exemplary.

While their business practices are easily debated, Apples no angel either. It's simply big business circa 2013.

Its based on personal experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.