Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdlevi27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
Prior to today, toggling Wifi calling on iOS9b5 brought me straight to the "Oops" screen.

I tried it again today and I'm now presented with a wifi calling trial page with a legal agreement. If I agree to the trial, I return to the "Oops" page.

Clearly AT&T is about to launch a beta of wifi calling. Anyone getting past the Oops page now?

vtgeek

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
I'm getting a different Oops page than this morning. I check every morning. Been waiting for this for YEARS!

Reactions: Cape Dave

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
thx to everyone. found it. tried to activate it and got the 'Oops' message. guess it's not quite ready yet. I'm sure there will be a front page post when it becomes functional.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey
I have installed IOS 9.0 (13A4325c) on my iPhone 5s and I not have the option to activate WIFI calling?

Settings> Phone> Calls - the first entry is "Calls on Other Devices"

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I have installed IOS 9.0 (13A4325c) on my iPhone 5s and I not have the option to activate WIFI calling?

Settings> Phone> Calls - the first entry is "Calls on Other Devices"
Are you also on AT&T?

vtgeek

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2012
Now getting: "We can't turn on Wifi calling for your account. Think this message is a mistake? Ask the person who can make account changes to call us. The number is 800.331.0500".

Gosh I hope this happens soon. Here in Vermont cell service isn't as prevalent as wifi.

CedricEarl

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
Well I just did it and it worked and is on for me

I took screen shots. Just wasn't sure how to post. But there you go

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    190.2 KB · Views: 611
  • image.png
    image.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 548
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 515
  • image.png
    image.png
    110.8 KB · Views: 544
  • image.png
    image.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 582

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Not on here yet. We have HD Voice but no Wifi calling..ye
Well I just did it and it worked and is on for me

I took screen shots. Just wasn't sure how to post. But there you go

You don't have to be specific but what area of the country are you in?

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
As an employee of AT&T, I can honestly say that there has been no announcement of Wifi calling. When I updated to beta 5, I showed my boss and she was definitely interested. The level I am at, I know everything AT&T does about a week before they announce it.

Reactions: dkh587

CedricEarl

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
It says in the disclaimer message that its currently just a trial service. Texas makes sense especially if near the Dallas area.

Yeah I didn't read all that honestly. I just saw the thread figured I'd give it a try and BOOM lol

CedricEarl

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2012
As an employee of AT&T, I can honestly say that there has been no announcement of Wifi calling. When I updated to beta 5, I showed my boss and she was definitely interested. The level I am at, I know everything AT&T does about a week before they announce it.

That's wonderful. The level I'm at doesn't exist because I'm not an employee. All I can tell you is I tried and it completed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xaqt93

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
That's wonderful. The level I'm at doesn't exist because I'm not an employee. All I can tell you is I tried and it completed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trust me, I'm just as excited, I bet this comes out with iOS 9 in the fall.

Klaatu63

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2010
New Jersey
Yeah I didn't read all that honestly. I just saw the thread figured I'd give it a try and BOOM lol
Well.. I called my local AT&T Wireless Store and had no clue when WIFI calling was to be activated. I am in New Jersey. Also I called Apple Support and they indicated that the WIFI Calling option is only presented in the Settings> Phone> when it is available. So I guess I wait?

Reactions: xaqt93

zemaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2011
I get a new message as of today that says: "To Enable Wi-Fi calling on this account contact At&t". No more Oops! error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.