At what point does it become too much ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Superman041, Dec 4, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

This is atrocious.

Just looking at my second iphone 5. First had a small dent in it out the box. Now looking at the new one again I received, it has a small dent in it again near the thunderbolt port.

Do i go and replace this AGAIN ? It's ridiculous. I presume there are no flawless iPhone 5's out there. Granted i've prob got slight OCD and those who say they have a flawless iPhone prob aren't looking hard enough.

2. macrumors 68020

lightening.

"too much" is a relative term. It's up to you as to when you should call it quits and accept it.

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors 604

cynics

"Lightning" :)

5. thread starter macrumors regular

it was a generic question. Relating to the scuff out the box

6. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Slap on a case and forget about it.
    Its not the end of the world and a little tiny nick on the bottom of the charging port will not change a thing.
    Its all in your head.
    There's more important things in life.

7. macrumors 68020

LOL been a long day.

8. macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

they do exist *plays x-files theme*

[​IMG]

9. macrumors member

I had a replacement for the same reasons. I checked it at the apple store before I came home only to notice there was a scratch in an area which I had a brief glance over. I couldn't be bothered. The lady at the apple store did say the chances of me getting a "better" one was slim..

10. macrumors 6502a

OK, so you spend a lot of money on a phone, and want it to be flawless. Yet, the one you got has a small scratch. It's understandable that you are annoyed and want an exchange. The question is how far you would go.

At the end of the day, one day when you get old and sit around the fire reminiscing your past, do you really want to remember having spent so much time obsessing over a phone?

When you really think about it, what is the point of a flawless phone? If you get one and put a case on it, you will not see the phone in the first place so why does it matter. And if you don't, chances are it's going to scratch, so why obsess over it?

My was perfect the first day I got it, and I think it's flawless. I think if I had a scratch on it when I first opened the box I would be a bit annoyed. But I would like to think that I am OK with it after a day. It's just a physical object and they all will decay and that's life.

11. macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Contrary to the thread-starter's belief, there ARE flawless iPhone 5s out there, you were just one of the unlucky ones to end up with one that is scuffed.

If it indeeed bothers you so much and makes you feel super duper uneasy about it, then go and exchange it at the Apple Store for a brand new one. Or if not, you can just put a case on it and forget about it as well.

12. macrumors 68000

deannnnn

There are flawless iPhones, but do you really need one? An iPhone is only flawless until you touch it. The second that dirty oily, finger of yours makes contact with that device, it's used.