AT2 ans airport express

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by aduteau, Oct 10, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2007
    Hey guys, quick question here
    Does anyone have the new Apple TV2 and use it with and airport express ?
    If so how does the streaming ? Is it fast enough for Netflix and itunes rentals ?
    Im just woundering for the overall speed of streaming if an airport express is as good as a aiport extreme ...
    Thx for the answer guys :)
  2. macrumors newbie

Jul 4, 2006
    Works for me

Used to run my network from a Netgear next 834. Had intermittent probes with a few airport express for AirTunes.
    Swapped my wireless to one of the airport express units have one N, and two G speed units. Works surprisingly well.
    Just got an apple tv 2, have had no prob running everything from the express unit. Not one stutter on my atv, streaming all media from an iMac.
    Was thinking about getting an airport extreme, but will hold off now as things seem fine.
    Hope that helps.
  3. macrumors P6

Jan 24, 2010
    The Express is as good as the Extreme is for streaming and should work fine.
  4. macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2010
    Agreed, the Express is N speeds, so unless it is malfunctioning it should not be a limiting factor for streaming, as it will be faster than your internet (in most cases). Obviously it isn't simultaneous dual-band like the Extreme, but should be fine unless you connect some older wi-fi devices alot during streaming.
  5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2007