Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

AT&T today announced on its Facebook page that a carrier settings update for MMS on the iPhone will be available in the "late morning" Pacific Time on Friday, the previously-announced launch date for the service.
MMS Update: We know you've been eager for this service so we wanted to offer a quick update on the launch plans for MMS on Friday, Sept. 25. Late morning, Pacific Time, on Friday, the new carrier settings update enabling MMS should be live and ready to download through iTunes. We'll provide the steps and all of the details you need right here at that time.
A rumor from earlier today had claimed that AT&T would begin rolling out MMS for the iPhone around 10:00 AM Eastern Time on Friday and that the company was rushing to complete infrastructure improvements to support the expected crush of data upon initial activation from users testing out the service.

Article Link: AT&T Announces iPhone MMS Launch for 'Late Morning' Pacific Time Friday

jbennardo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
If late morning is similar to late summer, i'll grab the carrier update at 6PM.

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Well that sucks for those of us on the east coast. If you care about mms as much as some people do. I only send/receive about 15 mms messages a month. Its not that big of a deal to me.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Late West Coast Time?! Wow living on the East coast makes me a second class tech citizen. When will these damn US tech companies realize that the USA is more than California?

intrepid00

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2008
I bet the goal is to keep the school kids away. Since they all get home at diffrent times and time zones are involved you have your rumored roll out in groups.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The time sounds like Apple is responsible for getting it on the iTS.

Shouldn't you all be thinking about what you're going to complain about next? :rolleyes:

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
gone years without it on iphone...why does it matter what specific hour on friday it will be released?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Haha...let's bring this motha' down!! I can hardly wait for AT&T to epic FAIL all across the board. I'm going to send SO MANY videos. I think everyone who is waiting for the updated file should download as much as possible over 3g. I'm talking about YouTube, radio, uploading to Facebook, and tethering.

Did I fail to mention I don't care much for AT&T??

We must destroy the Death Star!

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I'm still holding off on installing OS 3.1 because I want to keep my jailbreak. I have a 3GS. Any word on whether I even need 3.1, since this is a carrier update?

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Haha...let's bring this motha' down!! I can hardly wait for AT&T to epic FAIL all across the board. I'm going to send SO MANY videos. I think everyone who is waiting for the updated file should download as much as possible over 3g. I'm talking about YouTube, radio, uploading to Facebook, and tethering.

You know that if people bring AT&T's network down, you're not hurting AT&T at all, you're hurting other users, right?

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2005
I'm considering using all my available text messages to send MMS messages that same day, within a few hours. Just because I can.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Man, I can't wait until Apple and ATT announce an extension of their exclusive agreement. Ah…good times. :D

Apple Guru

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2009

Then you will be crying if your phone doesn't make any calls. But don't worry you will be hurting AT&T by paying your bill! :D

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
You know that if people bring AT&T's network down, you're not hurting AT&T at all, you're hurting other users, right?

Actually no, cuz wen the network goes down you can call AT&T and get credited like 20 bucks for it. Imaging EVERY AT&T customer getting 20 bucks off the october bill?

Also, "Late Morning" seems to me like "Late Summer" and I will appear "Late Sunday" or so :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.