Ati 9700 Pro And Cinema Display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TyleRomeo, Nov 18, 2005.

1. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2002
    New York
    Hey anyone lucky enough to have the fastest ADC video card for a G4? If you do, can you verify that it works with a ADC 23 inch Apple Cinema Display? I'm looking to pick one up from england, they say it meets apple specs?

2. TyleRomeo thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2002
    New York
    wow i guess I'll be the first person to have an ATI 9700 Pro 128MB card and a 23 inch cinema display and won't be using a $100 converter since the 9700 Pro has an ADC port, unlike the nearly identical much more expensive 9800 Pro with it's crappy VGA port. Poor bastards.
  3. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Heh, no kidding. I see a rare Radeon 9700 Pro owner once in a blue moon. Then, comes the GeForce4Ti and GeForce 3 owners...

You have my congratulations for owning a rare GPU. :)

And an ADC port usually implies the graphics card running it can handle any ADC-based display. Never heard of any graphics cards with a ADC port not able to handle a ADC display.
  4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands

Gr8 find!

I bought the Radeon 9800 a while ago for my Dual 1.25, but.... it does NOT have the ADC connector. I really, really wanted the ultra rare 9700 back then....

So, I am one of those poor bastards... tnx :(

(luckily I had a 20" LaCie DVI monitor hooked up to it..... no real need for the ADC... but I am jealous ;) )
  5. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    Yeah, the 9700 is one of the toughest Mac video cards to find, and still kicks a** for the G4 tower. Unfortunately, most people selling them know they are rare and charge high prices, making it pointless to buy one unless you have an ADC display. The GeForce3 is the only other Mac card that is as expensive on the used market.

Nice find - should work great with that 23".