ATI Displays 4.4.1

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mac Kiwi, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2003
    New Zealand

I have a BTO 2ghz dual with a 9800 Pro card.I installed the ATI displays driver 4.4.1 to see if my 3d app would behave any better using OGL.So I install go to the prefs and find dual planes has been greyed out completely {in my 3d app}...arrrgh,how do I roll back/remove the displays update?,or can I?

I know that ATI only have dual planes on their Fire cards.And if an update for my 3d soft enables dual planes working a bit nicer then I want it back,its very handy indeed for me.

Am using 10.3.6 as well.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2001
    The Cool Part of CA, USA
    I'm assuming you have the Apple OEM 9800, not the ATI aftermarket one, in which case that's exactly the set-up I have.

I could be mistaken, but since that update doesn't actually change the drivers in any way--it just gives you access to the application-specific overrides--you shouldn't have to get rid of it to revert.

I can't say I'm quite sure what your exact problem is, but if you added an override for the application you're having trouble with, you could try just deleting that particular override, and I expect you'll be back to normal. You could also try changing the override settings for that app, maybe that'll help.

If 4.4.0 worked for you, apparently that installer overwrites anything 4.4.1 installed, so that'd be worth a shot too.