ati radeon 9000 pro on a quicksilver?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by NarKEd, Feb 14, 2004.

1. NarKEd macrumors member

I have a quicksilver witth a geforce 2 mx graphics card, I was going to buy an ati readeon 9000 pro to upgrade my card but I noticed it said it requires an adc enabled mac. I use an apple flat monitor display and i want to be sure that its going to work on my machine.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

yes thats what is a proprietary mac connection- ADC. its a step up from 2mx but not a giant step. whats your cpu speed?

3. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

733 mhz.
    Im asking because its says some g4's dont offer the extrapower the ati card needs to support the adc

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I guess you want to improve gaming graphics? if so you will gain a resolution but you wont gain frames and a little more eye candy. reason i ask is i went from a 2mx to geforce 3 and gained a resolution and a little more eye candy. best improvement was putting in the 1.4 owc. that jumped up my framerates big time.

5. NarKEd thread starter macrumors member

I want to improve maya, not interested in gaming at all. when I open some scenes its almoust imposible to move. so Im hoping withg that card it would be better.

Im gpoing to buy a g5 but Im waiting for the new ones. but I need to work with some files now anf thats why I want the card

6. boobers macrumors regular

i did this very upgrade

733 QS with an ATI 9000 pro
    Works fine, no problems so far.