ATI - Technical Support WOW

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dpaanlka, May 15, 2006.

1. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

This has to be the worst technical support ever.

First, I sent them a "trouble ticket" email. Their response 4 hours later not only did not answer my question, but didn't even have anything remotely to do with my question (their response led me to download Windows drivers).

Then today I called them. I was put on hold for 16 minutes, with no background music or anything to indicate that I was on hold, just the occasional "we're experiencing a heavy call volume and apologize for the delay, someone will be with you shortly." Then, at about 16 minutes and 33 seconds, while it was on speakerphone, me and my friend heard what sounded like a phone ringing. And then click. ATI hung up on me.

Called a second time. Same exact thing as above happened.

Now I'm on my third try. This is getting very annoying.

2. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Yeah, I hate that crap companies do when they clearly send you a form letter in response to a specific query. I'm having the same problem with PayPal now, though their turnaround it a day or two instead of four hours. Really frustrating.

Good luck, though!

3. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Wellp third time's a charm, sort of. They said they can't help me.

(My question was where to locate the original Radeon 7000 drivers from 2002).

They told me to buy the CD from ATI's web site and "that will have the original drivers since its the original CD" - which somehow I highly doubt.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

ATi's Mac support through the years has sucked, I remember going there trying to get any info on Mac products and it was just pitiful,little info if any and cards that the PC world had given up years ago. ATI's Mac support sucks. Its another reason i went Nvidia a long time ago.

5. dpaanlka thread starter macrumors 601

dpaanlka

I don't think nVidia has made any recent PCI cards for Macintosh.