ATI X1900XT Dual Monitor Question

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by waremaster, Oct 5, 2006.

1. waremaster macrumors 6502

I have just installed an X1900XT in my mac pro I have dual monitors I have it setup so that the screen on the left is the primary screen on Mac OSX and on Windows it wants the screen on the right to be the primary. I cant for the life of me find how to switch it in windows.

Any ideas?

Tom

2. miker51 macrumors newbie

In the Control Panel, go to Display, and then click on the Settings tab. That should let you designate which is the primary.

3. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

well, if I remember correctly, first, you have to switch the ports the displays are plugged into (then re-arrange in OSX), then, in the screen in windows where it shows both screens with a 1 and a 2 (somewhere in the display properties, I forget the name of the menu), you can pick them up and move them around, so all you have to do is drag one from one side to the other and it should work.

I remember having to do something retarded like that with my old pc.

4. waremaster thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your help I swapped it in the catalyst control center :)

5. waremaster thread starter macrumors 6502

I have another question. When windows is first starting up on a dual monitor setup does the initial windows progress / splash screen flicker for anyone else ?

I tested the card using 3dmark 05, 3dmark 06 and a few games and the only anomoly I have is the initial loading of windows in bootcamp. Once the driver loads in windows the machine is absolutly awesome.