ATI X850xt? Is this the Best video Card?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by omiemac, Jul 2, 2005.

1. omiemac macrumors newbie

I am looking for the best video card for my G5 which I use for 3D creations like, Motion, Maya, After Effects, ect... "No gaming" All I care about is my 3D software.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks

2. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Best video card for what?

For things you've mentioned, the best choice right now is GeForce 6800 Ultra.
    (Motion etc)

For CoreImage in Tiger X850 XT is the best

For games - X850

If you want some more detail, go to this page

http://www.barefeats.com/radx850.html

3. omiemac thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, It seems as if no one knows for sure which is the best card "not for games, but true professional 3D software". I looked at the www.barefeats.com test but, the real ATI x850xt is no yet tested it's only an x800xt overcloked, that is not good enough for me. What I think about the Apple site not offering the 6800 Ultra is because something was wrong with the card, or the new Cards now are better... It's just my opinion.

If any one here knows from personal experience which is the best card for 3D software like Motion, Maya, Adobe After Effects, etc. Please post.

Thanks.

4. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

When ppl overclock their GF6800GT to Ultra speeds there's no difference between those cards at all. So why not compare overclocked X800 to X850?

5. omiemac thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't want to go off topic...

All I'll like to know is, which is the best Video card out, from people with personal experience using this card.

Thanks.