Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'iPad Launch Meetups' started by splashnader, Mar 19, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Those who wish to meet up in Atlanta.

Please decide which location you would prefer:

Lenox Mall (Apple Store)
    3393 Peachtree Road NE
    Atlanta, GA 30326

Other location

Mall of Georgia (Apple Store)
    3333 Buford Drive
    Buford, GA 30519
    (678) 482-8788

2. macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

Would it be possible to include Northpoint Mall and Perimeter Mall?

3. macrumors regular

cc2096

Are we meeting up to purchase or just a general meeting up to get together with users and play with our new toy?

If it's the latter i'm in at whichever location everyone would like to meet. I have mine pre-ordered for delivery so I won't be standing in line to buy this time.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Absolutely. I should have added those. I am closer to the Mall of Georgia location, but work downtown, which is very close to Lenox Mall. But for other it may be more convenient to meet up at Northpoint or Perimeter Mall.

Just let me know. I am flexible to go to either.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I believe it's just a general meeting of others who have either already purchased or plan to purchase the ipad. Obviously many people will gather to purchase their ipad's at the launch meetups. Either way you can just come even if you are just interested, but not ready to buy. I mean it's not like anybody would mind.

6. macrumors 6502

Detlev_73

:eek:

Holy mole! What a commute! Glad I live and work in Roswell, roundtrip from home-work-home is 2 miles.

My condolences to your vehicle.

7. macrumors regular

cc2096

OK then definitely count me in. I will also bring a buddy who will be getting his in the mail on the 3rd too.

8. macrumors member

I'm going to be picking mine up at Northpoint. Has anybody contacted Northpoint to confirm that they'll be open at 9am? The mall officially opens at 10am, and I've heard that some stores in some locations are not opening till the mall does.

I'll probably give them a call sometime in the next few days to find out for sure. I need to get mine as early as possible in the morning as I have to get home, sync it, and head for the airport at around 1pm. Talk about cutting it close!

-David

9. macrumors regular

I'll be going to the Perimeter Store. What time is everyone going to Apple? Anyone know what the procedure is going to be to pick one up? Think there will be a crazy long line and you'll have to wait like when the 3GS came out?

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I spoke to a friend of mine who works at the Apple Store out in Gwinnett and he stated that they plan to handle the crowds and pre-orders just like they handled the IPhone 3GS. He said they will set up ropes that lead to a special line in the store that will handle the orders exclusively for the ipad. All of the people who just wish to look around and purchase other items will come into the store and meet as usual. He did caution me that there would be a very limited number of apple employees there to sell anything other then the ipad. So I guess if you are coming in for a mac book pro or something you might have to wait a long time.

11. macrumors regular

12. macrumors regular

So whats a good time to head up? If they open at 9, 6? 7? The lines gonna be long, but at least there aren't activation issues to deal with. I'm going to head up around between 6 and 7, get breakfast and coffee...hang out.

13. macrumors regular

I'll be at Perimeter Mall around 8:30. I don't think the lines will be anything like iPhone, but I could be wrong...

14. macrumors member

At least the lines should move quickly - no contract issues and activation server slowdowns to trip up the flow. Even if they are long to start with, I can't imagine that it would take all that long to get through. You get your reserve, maybe buy some accessories, pay and done.

Jeff

15. macrumors 6502

16. macrumors regular

Everyone is your friend on Macrumors!!!!

17. macrumors regular

18. macrumors regular

I hope your right. I haven't mentally prepared myself for something like the iPhone/iPhone 3G launch. I wish I hadn't preordered the case and dock from the Online Apple Store so I could have everything at once, but oh well.

19. thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I am still going to try and be at the Apple store in the Georgia Mall by Noon. But I may not be there long, because I have to travel mid-day Saturday. Last minute Easter plans that came up. :(

20. macrumors regular

Ill be at npoint around 820 tomorrow if the mall is open :)

21. macrumors 6502a

ubercool

22. macrumors 65816

pagansoul

I have a pre-order for the 3G so it's not about pickup for me. Right now I'm heading to my Best Buy on Pleasent Hill (Rt 85N Exit 104) just to look at the thing and play with it. I'm hope the lines will be nothing. At lunch I'll be at Mall of Georgia.

23. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I hate you guys! No just kidding I pre-ordered the 3G version. I was SO tempted this morning to just go stand in line for the fun of it like I did with the iPhone 3G/3GS

24. macrumors regular

if you've just come back from an apple store, how's the availability of supply at apple stores this afternoon?

25. macrumors regular

To answer my own question, I went to the Apple store at Lenox today around 3:30pm and they had plenty of every model. Got my 32G iPad without too much waiting. They aren't going to run out anytime soon it appeared.

crazy crowds though