ATT MVNO MMS Issue on ATT Unlocked iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Lucky736, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Lucky736, Apr 23, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Lots of correct caps in the title!

In all seriousness....... so here is where I am at.

I am on an ATT MVNO. iPhone 4 32GB. Unlocked by ATT. MMS will not work. I have tried a non MVNO sim and it allows me to edit the APN settings however when I put my sim back in it does not, I assume this is b/c it is an ATT MVNO.

Any of the sites I can find only provide profiles for the APN and not the MMS portion as well. Any way around this without jailbreaking?

I am not new to this and have done some looking and see nothing thus far.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. macrumors 6502

Well if you are jailbroken, get tether me from cydia, u can then edit the apn and all that stuff, just put the correct settings in and mms will work. If you're not jailbroken, there is a trick although I haven't try it myself, put a non att sim in, tmobile, simple mobile whatever, it will let u get into the apn setting and all that stuff, while in that screen, eject the non att sim out, put in the sim u want to use, and proceed to put in the correct settings, people said it worked but I haven't try it myself. Give it a shot

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lucky736

Ah. I had exited the screen hoping it would save the settings. I'll try swapping sims while still on that screen to see if the results are any different.