Attaching iSight to iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Balin64, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Hi There:

I am really close to getting an iSight but i do NOT want to stick on to the back of my FP iMac!:mad:

Has anyone had success mounting it on the iMac using the laptop mount? Is this possible? Many thanks in advance!:p

2. noverflow macrumors regular

it is possible, but you need a piece of cardboard or something to make the lip thick enough for the laptop connector to hold on to.

3. Balin64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Thanks!

So, it is possible with a little ingenuity. Good! Maybe I can use cut-to-shape plexi glass pieces and attach them to the iSight holder. I just hate the idea of smearing epoxy (or whatever the adhesive is) to the back of my iMac). Thanks Again.:)

4. noverflow macrumors regular

The adhesive is not permeant... it is a very strong gel that never leaves a mess behind... but is a huge pain to remove

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

do keep in mind that the adhesive is provided because of the risk of the camera falling off and breaking-- so by using a jimmy-rigged laptop mount, it's in danger of doing just that. if it were me, and i'm a nazi about stuff stuck to Macs, i'd just glue it... as was said, the glue is non-permanant, so if you ever decide to take it off, you're OK.

pnw

6. noverflow macrumors regular

i should not say gel... it is a rubberish plastic... like the stuff they use to put inserts in magazines

7. szark macrumors 68030

szark

8. Balin64 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Thanks!

I will probably go with the clips mentioned... although I trust you guys that the adhesive is removable without mess, I still prefer the clear plastic solution methinks... :)