"attack of the show" g4/techtv

Discussion in 'Community' started by puckhead193, Jun 15, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I was flipping through the channels and turn on G4/techtv and it was the start of "attack of the show" aka TSS. They had a little cartoon in the beiging making fun Steve Jobs. It had job introduce the new OS X and then in the back was a tv/monitor and after he said that it went to static and then it stop and had a microsoft symbol on. It made me mad. You should watch it,
    its on later at 12:00 midnight on the East coast.
    Please send comments to:
    http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/stuff/aots_question.aspx

2. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

I cant believe it.

I loved TechTv.

G4 came in and bought them, but they kept TSS, so i was happy.

Now they replaced it with "attack of the show", which is a poor excuse for a replacement of TSS IMHO.

How does this network even exist?

And now the Macintosh dis......grrrr <gets me a tad angry>

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

I loved tech tv too. I liked call for help with Chris Perillo, that guy was crazy, and then Leo came on which was cool. He was a Mac person... and TSS was awsome, ever since the merger its been down hill.

4. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

yeah, CFH did have some good info, and Chris P was weird, but it was a good/weird energy. :)

Leo rocked to, however i figured something was up when Leo was on the network less and less (remember all the "trips" he was on, etc.) At the time i just figured he found a better gig, looks like he may have decided to jump ship before the others. It was nice being able to get at least one mac tid-bit every TSS episode b/c of Leo.

Personally, that channel has been blocked on my cable box since about a month after the merger. :p

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

The only show that I watch anymore on G4tv is X-Play, those people are still the same and give good reviews of games. I really do miss TSS, I learned a lot of stuff about technology, not just computers. There were not that bias toward PC's and usually tried to keep their comments and neutral as possible.

6. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Yeah on CFH when Leo Leporte hosted it, I guess some said he was Mac biased. Then people complain saying, "Macs only have 1% of the market, they shouldn't talk about Macs", blah blah blah.

I don't like their forums either. I swear I always get into arguments defending the iPod and Macs :mad: :eek:

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

you know they probably ran the cartoon to solicite this type of reaction from people. it is a joke, get over it.

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I saw it and had no problem with it, people need to learn to laugh at themselves. The only reason I tune in anymore is to see Sarah anyways. :)

9. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I liked TTS alot better and now that Kevin Rose is gone (the only one that worked on a mac/isn't biased) its not the same. I wish they would do more "tech" news insted of pointless dork and nerd conventions (like a nerd prom i saw on there???).

Kevin R. now has a online site that has videos on Tech-how-to-do things its pretty good. Its still in its beging stages but worth a look. www.systm.org

10. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Hey, just be happy the shows not full of videogame stuff.

11. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Yeah becuase they have no video game shows on that network ;) I mean really how many video game shows can review the same game. I think thats there only show not completly devoted to video games.

12. baummer macrumors 6502a

When it was ZDTV, I was a major fan of Call for Help and the original Screen Savers. Then TechTV came in and it was better than ever. And since it went to G4....well let's just say it doesn't even deserve my time.

13. Zeekium macrumors newbie

Zeekium

i agree that the show was better with kevin rose. He had a powerbook. The other kevin guy would always diss OS X calling it OS "X" instead of OS Ten.
    Why did Kevin Rose leave?