Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
AmericanIdiot12 said:
im trying to update the songs on my ipod
Can you use your ipod (listen to it, play music through it in itunes, etc.)?
Also, is there anything of value on the ipod that you don't have backed up on your computer? if not, you may want to try a reformat through disk utility.

Johann12

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2006
PCI USB2.0 card fixes the error

hi all
i fixed this annoying error with adding a 20euro USB card from belkin to my G5
i never got the "attempting to copy to disk "Ipod failed" error again.

hartlandhoops23

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2007
Here's The Solution

This Error really kicked my butt for a whole month

The Error message means that there is an error with a certain track. I just got off the phone with Apple technical support and i learned that the Number in the parenthesis is the number of the song.

So here's what to do.........

1. Connect your Ipod to your computer via USB or Firewire.

2. Let the Ipod Begin to Sync your library.

3. Watch the track names when it is syncing your itunes music with your ipod.

4. Be aware for the error message and be able to recall the last song that was attempting to be synced.

5. The song/file that is causing the error message is corrupted. Either delete that file or convert it and delete the original file.

6. After you delete/convert that file, Click File, Sync Ipod, and let the sync take place again.

7. If error occurs more than once you have more than one corrupted file. Repeat the steps until your files are not corrupted. There should not be more than 5 or so files corrupted depending on how many files you have.

Reasons for File Corruption

1. Either you have tried to use with some other application and it can't recognize that track anymore.

2. You have transferred your whole library or a portion of your library while switching to a new computer.

3. Many other problems that are rare.

Any other questions hit me up on my e-mail, hartlandhoops23@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Kyle

Reactions: Husain

Robin117MvP

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2009
thank yoi

As soon as I read your post I knew exactly what song was causing the error...GRR....I just wish I had visited this forum before I Restored my Ipod.

Anyways your post was VERY HELPFUL...

Thanx Robin

The Error message means that there is an error with a certain track. I just got off the phone with Apple technical support and i learned that the Number in the parenthesis is the number of the song.

4. Be aware for the error message and be able to recall the last song that was attempting to be synced.

5. The song/file that is causing the error message is corrupted. Either delete that file or convert it and delete the original file.

6. After you delete/convert that file, Click File, Sync Ipod, and let the sync take place again.

7. If error occurs more than once you have more than one corrupted file. Repeat the steps until your files are not corrupted. There should not be more than 5 or so files corrupted depending on how many files you have.

1. Either you have tried to use with some other application and it can't recognize that track anymore.

2. You have transferred your whole library or a portion of your library while switching to a new computer.

Thanks,

Kyle

boogybren

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
I started seeing this issue just today. The problem is, I think it is failing on a song I just purchased FROM my iPhone today.

Any thoughts on this one?

boogybren

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
I have for confirmed that it was for sure my new song that has the problem.

On my iPhone, I found the newly purchase song under:
Code:
/private/var/mobile/Media/Purchases
I tar'd up the album art, song and plist then deleted the originals. Once I did that, I could sync. When I untar'd the files back into place, I got the error again.

So the big question is, how do I get this to work? Do I try to get a new file some how from Apple (without disclosing details on my jailbroken phone) or is there a way to repair this file?

boogybren

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2009
I was able to get iTunes to download the file on my computer. I then was able to sync it up to my phone.

Husain

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2015
Here's The Solution

Thanks,

Kyle

Thanks for the help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.