Attention Blizzard: Now that the Burning Crusade is out...

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chansey, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Chansey macrumors member

Please please please hurry the development of Warcraft III - Universal Binary.

As of right now I can not play warcraft because it hacks and I am not willing to spend money to buy windows and run it through bootcamp just for the single purpose of playing a game i could play on my old powerbook g4. I want it to run without emulation under os x!

I dont even care if the UB is a little buggy! Anything is better than having to run it through rosetta! What about a public beta?

(MacBook Pro 2,0Ghz 1,5gb Ram)

2. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

i do want blizzard to continue to add and update content to their older games. I for one won't install WC3 on my MBP until an Universal version is available.

3. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Odd, it plays perfectly on my iMac (Intel 2GHz Core Duo)

I wouldn't mind a universal update, but I've never had a problem with WC3 under Rosetta... plays just as good as the PC version (and I even have boot camp installed).

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL you would have thought they would have taken care of this.
    SE WOW boxes are going for hundreds online. I should have pre-ordered.

5. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

I got a fresh install of os x and wc3 and it still sucks...

jessica: ????????? what does that have to do with this thread?

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

I can't actually get it to stay open :confused: Opens, says "j0! WC3 time!", then disappears again. It's not a generic Rosetta problem, as Starcraft and Gridwars are happy

7. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

Keep it to topic please.

8. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Have you tried it mid game on large maps especially with more than 4 players. It is dog slow on my 24" iMac with 2.16 C2D and 7600GT in such situations. The single player runs well but it runs like my old iMac G4 with 1GHz CPU and 512MB RAM.

9. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Nope, most I've played is 3 players on a large map. No problems there, even in big 3-army battles.

Definitely could be that CPU usage sky-rockets with >4 players, seems understandable in that situation.

If that is the case, then I definitely think a universal patch would be in order. All though I much prefer they get SC2 finished and released! :D

10. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

Another PROOF...hurry, blizzard, hurry! (thats not a bad system either...)

11. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

Don't worry, the WCIII UB patch will be out real soon now, according to the Mac guy at Blizzard.

--Eric

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

um... what? Gameplay is great on my macbook (see sig) with medium settings. Gameplay is absolutely flawless on my gf's core duo iMac (1.83 Ghz, 2 GB RAM) with every setting MAXED. This is early/mid/late game 2v2 or DotA 5v5.

I do have two complaints - one is that the game crashes to desktop once in a while, and the other is that on the iMac, the game has no sound. (it's fine on my macbook; i bet it's a bug due to some setting I maxed out) But poor game performance is not a problem whatsoever.

I'd love a UB so I can max setting on my MB (and maybe get the fan speed down?), but overall, war3 runs great on rosetta, even with a GMA 950.

13. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Can people please start mentioning what resolution they're running this at, please?

14. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

Im running at 1440x900 with everything set to low or medium. And it sucks.

15. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

macbook (2.0 CD, 2 GB RAM): 1024x768, other settings medium-high, runs near flawless

imac (1.83 CD, 2 GB RAM): 1440x900, other settings maxed, runs completely flawless

16. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

How does it run if you play footmen wars or some crazy td?

17. rbarris macrumors 6502

Shake magic 8-ball and ask again soon

18. BigPrince macrumors 68020

It was my job to test the the first Intel Macs when they came out. (for my job to see how the intel handled itself). One of the tests I honestly ran was playing Warcraft 3 TFT Dota All Stars. Full settings, Full house, great time. The intsall did take forever, but once loaded I was shocked.

However they also sent us a loaded machine.

19. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

The only custom I play is DotA, 5v5. That game has ten players (obviously) and tons of creeps, and it runs just as well as a 2v2 regular game.

oh really?? Soon, you say?? :D Come on Rob, give us a hint! :)

20. Chansey thread starter macrumors member

That is what i like to hear! ETA? ;)