Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
Powerpage is reporting a nice rumor of ... *gasp* .. an Apple PDA!!!

Actually it sounds somewhat promising. And any PDA speculation about Apple gets my mouth watering with anticipation.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i like to think that i am just as opposed to an apple pda as eyelikeart is...

it's just a rumor that someone like you idiots that love pda's dreamed up and posted it there and said that apple is for sure going to make one...

hell no they are not going to make one...and if apple does...i will shoot myself

audiopollution

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2002
Toronto
Bets?

So ... does this mean someone should start a dead pool? :)

I think we need to see a counter-offer from PDA-proponents.

And then we need to discuss the terms of the deal, such as proof of death, etc.

I'll offer my services to webcast the suicide, whichever side wins.

djwoolf

macrumors member
Dec 19, 2001
New Orleans, LA
Well im not going to hold my breath. I already have a Palm m100 and i barely use it. PDA's are a novelty tech toy with as much use as an adress book (and address books understand handwriting). When PDA's can really help me out ill get one until then...nah I can use an iPod more.

Geert

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2001
.be
So but where is eye??
I guess when he saw the title of the thread he just quit the browser :D

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
I own a Newt (120) and think its a great tool but not all that used because I own a Powerbook. I would love to see a new one, specially if the screen is as big as the Newts.

Ensign

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>(mnkeybsness)and if apple does...i will shoot myself

Have a nice day. :)

That's the most extreme comment I've seen about PDAs. I've seem them range from "kick myself" to "eat my shoe", but that may be too far. I know you are j/k, but it's interesting to see people make comments about that. Would you shoot yourself if Apple came out with a G5 in a few days/a week, if Apple used a 7lb heat sink in a new PowerMac, or if Apple used Intel chips? :p :rolleyes:

Since there is already a discussion about PDAs in the Article Discussion forums, and that this was meant for one person in the same topic, this is becoming ridiculous.

But I will repeat my question: Why would you want Apple to create a PDA if there are other Palm OS PDAs out there for you to buy? The iPod should be as close to a PDA as you will come, in my assumption.

Pin-Fisher

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2002
Marlton NJ
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
...and if apple does...i will shoot myself

Well...I sure hope they do make one then.....idiot..

Pictured below is mnkeybsness hard at work...

Attachments

• scool.jpg
    scool.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 693

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i'm serious...it would be such a bad move for the company as a whole and all the researchg and developing money spent on such a thing would make apple go out of business...or else sell out to macrohard...then billy boy would own apple and turn all the apple manufacturing plants into parking lots

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
evolution of iPod more likely....

Now this is just my opinion, but if anything Apple would be more likely to update or evolve the iPod than to bring out a seperate PDA, after all they did give the iPod such an ambiguous name (they could have called it something like imp3, though that name is lame its just an example) and iPod can already handle the Address Book and soon iCal right? and those types of programs are really the only thing PDA's are good for anyways.
The PDA market is overcrowded as it is, adding more functionality to the iPod just makes sense.
-Richard
:rolleyes:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
I've never seen a newbie do this...post basically the exact same thing in two different threads as his/her first two posts. Job well done. :D :p

Anyways, a welcome and enjoy the forums.

Another thing I'd like to add, IF we do get a PDA (an everything PDA), are we really going to use the PDA for ALL the functions it needs? As for a processor, I'm not sure why you would need anything above 100MHz. It's not like you are drawing complex graphics and stuff. I'd say a 33 or 67MHz procesor and a basic version of Appleworks/Offass would do fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.