attention iPod shoppers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by realityisterror, Jan 8, 2004.

1. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    anybody in the market to buy an iPod for cheap(er than normal) should consider the following deals:

1G USED 5GB iPod --> $149 x 1
    2G USED 10GB iPod --> $169 x 2
    1G REFURBISHED 10GB iPod --> $229 x ?
    3G NEW 10GB iPod --> $249 x ? *****
    3G REFURBISHED 30GB iPod --> $379 x ?
    3G NEW 30GB iPod --> $439 x ?

*****=very good value

these prices were all found on where you can also find new iPods ir you don't want to buy from apple (god knows why)
    so if you want an iPod buy that new 10GB 3G unless you want more space. i would want one, but, being 13, i don't have the money. :mad: parent's wouldn't agree.

btw, if you meet these conditions:

1. are really generous
    2. the type who gives to charity
    3. have extra money OR have an older, out-of-job iPod of any capacity

please consider donating to me
    pm me, i'm desperate :tear: :tear:

edit: to fix typoes (oops)
  2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    So do you have the money and your parents wont let you spend it, or do you want your parents to buy it for you? Anyways, I am 14 and a couple of months ago I was in your situation.... I was drooling over an ipod and could do just about anything to get it. Of course, I did end up saving enough money to buy it (it took 4-ever!!).... I cant really help you with the money issue, but I can tell you that you will eventually get it.... And when that day comes it will be pure musical bliss. How many gigs of music do you have??? Are you a music junky or do you just want an iPod for the cool-factor?

I honestly dont think too many people will want to donate to you..... as you can tell by the responses in this thread (or lack thereof) But its worth a try!
  3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    don't cyber beg .... sucks to be 14 but begging online isn't the way. I would start saving up your allowance or whatever money you have/get. When i was 14 i umpired baseball in the spring and made about $16/ game it would have been enough to buy an ipod had I wanted one.
  4. niter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003

Begging here or your parents is not going to get you that iPod. It is best you get a job or maybe enter some sort of competion (ie: writing contest). Perhaps you can ask your parents to meet you 1/3 of the way.

There are plenty of ways to get your iPod without demeaning yourself. Besides, if someone actually donated an iPod to you, do you think your parents would acutally let you keep it? Mine wouldn't and I wouldn't if I had kids.

You will appreciate you iPod so much more when you earn it. At your age I wanted a $400 bike. I did not get it until 10 years later, but the model I got was so worth the wait and so worth the fact that it is mine and I earned it. There will always be something to beg getting it yourself is much more satisfying.
  5. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    He's 13 ;) .