Attitude from iTunes...

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by steeleclipse, Mar 30, 2003.

1. steeleclipse macrumors 6502

Even though I havent changed any settings or folders that iTunes uses, when I open iTunes I get the message, "The iTunes Music Library file is locked, on a locked, or you do not have write permission for this file." and then it closes without the iTunes console popping up, not allowing me to access my music.

Has anybody had this problem before? Does anybody know how to get my music playing again?

BTW: iTunes 3 on 10.2, and it has worked numerous times since the last software update...

Thanks Guys :D

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

First, is the iTunes library file (or various xml files) locked? Check in the get info window and uncheck the "Locked" option, IF it is already locked.

Second, if you haven't already done so, update iTunes to 3.0.1. If that doesn't work, update your system software to the most current version. (If 10.2.4 has given you severe problems, perhaps you can navigate with 10.2.3.)

Also, are you keeping your xml and library files in the same user directory as your home folder (i.e.: users/your name/ etc.)?

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i get this when i have to force quit itunes. usually if i just leave itunes alone for a little while it will start working again.

iJon

4. steeleclipse thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah... I force quit iTunes earlier, and then it happened so I restarted. No luck, then I restarted again right now and it works fine...

Thanks guys :D