Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Light

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
An FYI for you.

I'm having a hardware problem (memory or memory slot related) in my DP 1.42 Powermac. In attempting to troubleshoot the problem with Apple on the phone, they revealed that the hardware test CD shipped with your 1.42 PM will *not* boot the box. They are working on a new disc image, but it's not yet available.

So, my advice: wait a couple of weeks and contact them and request a new version of this CD. I think they'll send it to you at no charge.

Oh, there's also a problem with the Tech Tools Deluxe CD that ships with the extended warranty packages. That CD won't boot your box, and - they're working on a new CD for that as well.

Tom

Tom Light

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2002
One motherboard later...

...my PM seems to be working again. Third memory slot was hosed, and didn't reliably recognize RAM in that slot.

The on-site service provided was fabulous. Problem called in on Thursday, tech and system board on site Monday afternoon (on time and competent).

Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.