Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
ichoosedeath said:
I love how they make it sounds like Office doesn't exist in the Apple Realm.
does office come with every mac you buy? didn't think so. when you're on a budget, you're on a budget.

wide

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2004
NYC
mxpiazza said:
hmm... 8 1/2 hours from columbus, and i have a laptop already... worth it?

depends how much you get for working:

8.5 hrs way there
1 hour getting book
2 hours of pitstops
8.5 hours back---so that's 20 hours in all lol, if you don't sleep

you could sell it on ebay for 500 dollars, i bet.

so if you get paid $24.99 or less, it's worth it

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
I would entertain paying someone to camp out (if allowed) and get me an ibook, then drop it off at my aunt and uncle's house in Richmond. They are coming to Texas Aug. 15th and could bring it to me.

Price : $100.00 to camp out, and $50.00 for you to buy the computer.

I would give you the $50.00 up front for the computer, and once it is delivered to my aunt's house, I will pay the other $100.

pm me if you are interested in discussing this. I might have a friend or two who would offer the same if you brought friends to camp with you (because it is one per person).

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
I wouldn't give a damn dime to this school system for disparging Apple.

As if they couldn't have gotten MS Office for the iBooks.

I cannot wait to hear about all the spyware, adware, and viruses these Dells get in the next four years.

hottyson

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2005
I'll bet most of the local students and their parents will be there. They will bring their cousins and friends. The lines will most likely go round the block the night before as they all camp out That will already be thousands of people in line. It will most likely make national news channels.

Most of you considering long drives should reconsider since after you make the drive, sleep in line, pay for gas, etc… It really wont be worth it when get all the way back home and you plug it in only to find that you got one of the damaged ones.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
^^^^LoL...i agree. I'm sure the locals will be on that early. I'm 2.5 hours away and trying to decide if I want to go down there or not only because I'm sure the locals will have it on lock-especially if they are close by already. With a 2.5 hour drive though

Yebot

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
The sale has been moved to another location. The sale will still begin at 9am but access to the site will not open until 7am. Overnight camping/parking will not be allowed.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Yebot said:
The sale has been moved to another location. The sale will still begin at 9am but access to the site will not open until 7am. Overnight camping/parking will not be allowed.

I knew that would happen. My brother sent them an email a few days ago with a few questions. He got a response saying that they probably wouldn't allow camping out and might move the location for security purposes.

Shouls be VERY interesting to see how they do this. I am still going. They can't stop you from parking a car somewhere nearby and walking around the block in front of the gate for a few hours. :)

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2005
They can't stop you from parking a car somewhere nearby and walking around the block in front of the gate for a few hours.

kwickz your so determined it's actually funny now...what day are you planning on going down?

crdean1

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2005
Texas
hottyson said:
I'll bet most of the local students and their parents will be there. They will bring their cousins and friends. The lines will most likely go round the block the night before as they all camp out That will already be thousands of people in line. It will most likely make national news channels.

Most of you considering long drives should reconsider since after you make the drive, sleep in line, pay for gas, etc… It really wont be worth it when get all the way back home and you plug it in only to find that you got one of the damaged ones.

FYI,

I believe the students were already offered the ibooks, and snatched up 1,100 of them (according to the article I read), these that are being sold to the public are what is left. This makes a total of 2,100 ibooks. Wonder where the other 20,000 ibooks they bought in '01 are?

BTW, my offer above still stands. I guess you couldn't camp, but you could get creative.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
jayeskreezy said:
kwickz your so determined it's actually funny now...what day are you planning on going down?

I just think its going to be very interesting to see how they do this. No lines? No camping out? If they open the gate at 7.... how are they going to stop the hundreds of people that want one from being outside the gate prior to that. I just don't see that happening.

Personally, I think the whole change thing is just to try to deter some people from traveling really far and creating a huge crowd.

Its between a 5 and 6 hour drive. The original plan was to leave monday night and get there for midnight. I don't think tha tplan has really changed. Not quite sure how this is going to work out. :)

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2004
jayeskreezy said:
free orange shoes when you going down there?

well i just moved to warrenton...dont really know how far away it is, but ill probably get there 30min early. i dont think the sale will last much longer than, oh, 715...

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
freeorangeshoes said:
well i just moved to warrenton...dont really know how far away it is, but ill probably get there 30min early. i dont think the sale will last much longer than, oh, 715...

It definately won't.... and you should definately get there a lot sooner than 6:30

freeorangeshoes

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2004
iKWICK, what time you think i should show up? i figure its about a 2 hour drive. im getting my bro and pop to go too, pick up three of em.

simmonstwin

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2004
South
I am instrested also, if someone wwants to get payed to get me one pm me.
$100 to get it and $50 for the iBook.
Thanks
Keith (or email me at simmonstwin at gmail dot com)

kaydigi

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2005
I live 1 minute away from the Raceway where the sale is taking place now. I will getting one and I'll be out there at about 4 AM.

I'm trying to convince my wife to take off work to get one also.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
freeorangeshoes said:
iKWICK, what time you think i should show up? i figure its about a 2 hour drive. im getting my bro and pop to go too, pick up three of em.

I dunno. This whole "no lines/camping allowed until 7am" thing is really throwing me off. I think kaydigi has the right idea w/ the 4 am thing. I am still aiming for midnight. My worry is that since they aren't "allowing" camping out and whatnot, that ther will be a massive rush to that gate around 6 or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.