Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkranz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2010
ATV connected to the V. Aux HDMI input on my new Denon receiver. Problem starts now: Video out is an RCA monitor out from receiver to the "old" Mitsubishi big screen - no HDMI on this dinosaur of a TV. So that means I can't set it up or use it.

Will purchase an up to date TV soon.

For now, is there a way to convert the HDMI out of the receiver to go into the TV for viewing while still transmitting the audio thru the receiver? I so, cost and where to buy?

strobe2010

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Sydney Australia
No HDMI input on TV

ATV connected to the V. Aux HDMI input on my new Denon receiver. Problem starts now: Video out is an RCA monitor out from receiver to the "old" Mitsubishi big screen - no HDMI on this dinosaur of a TV. So that means I can't set it up or use it.

Will purchase an up to date TV soon.

For now, is there a way to convert the HDMI out of the receiver to go into the TV for viewing while still transmitting the audio thru the receiver? I so, cost and where to buy?

I have similar issue with my Samsung plasma - no HDMI input.
Can I use HDMI cable (out from ATV) with RCA & DVI (in to plasma TV)?
Obviously picture & sound would be sub standard as it would produce analogue audio and lower picture resolution but could be a cheap stop gap until I can upgrade TV.
I don't know if this will work - CAN ANYONE COMMENT ????

strobe2010

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Sydney Australia
Apple TV

I purchased Apple TV (2nd Gen) for Xmas and have now successfully installed it using HDMI to DVI input on my old plasma TV (TV has DVI but no HDMI) for video and the Optical Digital output for audio to my Optical audio input on my amplifier.

All works really well with no delay between audio and video signals. Only issue is I need to obviously have both TV and Amp turned on to use.
;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.