Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanielMyst777

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
I've been experiencing this problem for awhile now with my wireless Linksys router (WRT160N) and it's starting to get very annoying.

Let's say I'm watching a movie with descent quality like 2400 kbps movie w/ surround sound and what not. I'm just sitting there watching it and then my router blows. It resets itself disconnecting all devices connected to it but coming back online by itself it less than a minute. It could happen a couple of times during the movie.

My first thought is that the data limit over the local wireless network was too much and as a precaution the router reset itself?

I'm not sure if this has something to do with my router, like some settings need to be changed or it is faulty, or if it had something to do with the ATV itself.

If anyone can give me a solution or any help with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

RememberMac

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2009
Sounds like the software not the hardware. TRy dd-wrt, I had an issue with my sons WOW disconnecting and him complaining about my network. So I switched software on the Linksys and no problems at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.