Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maury

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Is there any easy way to lock the ATV into playing a series of videos and repeating them?

If the new ATV does come out I'll likely buy it, and if possible, use mu existing one as a display in the office.

Maury

brucem91

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2009
I don't have a aTV, but is it possible to combine all the videos into one long one, and then have that video loop? And to lock it in place, you could put the remote in your pocket.

munkees

macrumors 65816
Sep 3, 2005
Pacific Northwest
if you pair the :apple:TV to the remote, then no other remote will work but that one, I would also set up you iphone as a back up remote.

I do not know if there is a loop option for movies on :apple:TV.

I know in quicktime you can create kiosk type displays, using Keynotes and saving it to quicktime.

SurfMacJpMtb

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2008
USA
Set the "Media Kind" for the files as Music Video in iTunes under Get Info. Sync the files to the AppleTV. Once started Music Video files will repeat indefinitely. There may be another option in AppleTV Settings to ensure the files repeat.

calsci

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
I think the music video idea will work because you can put the video on repeat.

Maury

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2008
Set the "Media Kind" for the files as Music Video in iTunes under Get Info. Sync the files to the AppleTV. Once started Music Video files will repeat indefinitely. There may be another option in AppleTV Settings to ensure the files repeat.

Perfect, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.